• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hart Rifles?

CarbonOne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
Utah
Anyone have any experience with hart rifles? How's the quality and accuracy?

Re: Hart Rifles?

Their barrels are quite good. They are button rifled, not cut so some folks don't like them, but have won many, many competitions. Their smith work is supposed to be good too, but I have not had anything done by them.

I have a Hart 6mm 10 twist that shoots very well. I don't think my smith would put his name on my rifle if Hart barrels were not GTG.

Thanks. I have the opportunity to buy one in 300rsaum with a mcmillan stock. It sounds like Hart did all of the work. I've heard about them for years, but I don't know much about them.

their 6mm barrels hold lots of benchrest records--I didn't even know they did complete rifles--legendary company

I have a 308 put together by Hart. The rifle is a hammer. I only have about 3150 rounds through the barrel but it still shoots extreemly good. If Hart built the rifle, you will like it.

Ed

I have a .308 in a McMillin a5 he built. There are 2 Harts, 1 builds the barrels in Ny and his relation in Pa. The folks in Pa bulit my gun and did very well and are good to deal with. The shop is close to me if I ever had isses but have't yet

I had Hart rebarrel an action for me. It shoots great 1 hole 5 shot groups at 100 if I do my part. Excellent customer service. I will be sending them another one shortly.

Rem 700 in M40 stock, 308, done by Hart a number of years back. The barrel is about at the end of its life but the gun still drives tacks. The smith work is flawless.