• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has any one made their own hog saddle

txgunnertx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
weatherford tx
Just curious of how you did it. I got a camera tripod sitting around my wife dont use and thought I might try it. Uf you got pics I would like to see them.

Thanks

Re: Has any one made their own hog saddle

If you are talking about a clamping cradle like the HOG Saddle from Shadow Tech, then not many.

If you are talking about just a padded rest that goes on a tipod, a ton of us have made them.

PVC, foam and riggers tape is a good start.

I prefer aluminum to PVC because it's a little lighter when done.

For the time and cost in the long run you might consider PRS if you're looking for an inexpensive cradle and not a "clamp" type model. You'll spend at least 1-2 hours and $10-20 in materials making your own. For the cost it's a nice piece of equipment. In a clamped model though the Hog Saddle is the only way to go.

well thinking anything, didnt kmow how hard it would be to do the clamp. Looking for something to use coyote hunting and honestly the clamp on would probably be a pain for that