• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Has anybody e filed a Form 1 suppressor?

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio
I filed a F1 SBR last month with no issue so, this was a bit of a surprise. I FINALLY was able to get on to the site tonight and it was going great.

I get to part 4, the "Line Item" where you add a firearm, only, I don't want to add a firearm. I want to fill it out with my suppressor info. I put the name of my trust in as the mfgr of the item and of course, the system does not recognize me as a mfgr. Is there a special section to do a F1 can?

What am I missing here?

you would need to select "By Manufacturer Code" and enter in FMI, select "verify" afterwards and continue on

Thanks for the link. I just went over and tried FMI. The auto fill brings up "LONDON BRIDGE TRADING CO DBA FMI".

I entered in "FMI" and verified and entered US as country.

Next the drop down wants a "product type". There are no choices there. The drop down box just states "Select Product Type". I would expect SBR or suppressor to be a selection there but there is nothing.

Looks like I may have to try and "ask the experts" on Monday. It won't even let me submit to form for inspection.

Well, I just went back to run it again, and it worked this time.

Well, everything except taking my $. Maybe tomorrow...

Thanks

Last edited: