• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anybody else used the Cabelas brand case lube?

BIPMaster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2010
Arkansas
I bought a bottle of this stuff because it was cheaper than the RCBS case lube. Put my brass in a tray, sprayed it down, and let sit for five minutes per the instructions so the alcohol would dissipate off. Started running it through the press, and this shit is horrible. Build up of gunk on the bottom of the die, along with leaving a residue on the cases which just attracted corn cob dust when I tumbled them after sizing. Now I have to go back through and wipe down all the cases. Just a heads up about this stuff.

Re: Has anybody else used the Cabelas brand case lube?

Imperial Sizing Die Wax is the only thing I'll use. Yeah you have to use your fingers to apply it but if your using it correctly you'll never have a stuck case. As for cleaning the sizing die, I can size hundreds of cases before the die needs any attention and most of the time it's not really needed.

Re: Has anybody else used the Cabelas brand case lube?

I hear ya on the ISD wax. I may try it since that is what everybody recommends. The Cabelas shit got crap all over my die after about 150 cases.