• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

has anybody run an FS 2000 hard

Blasst

Sergeant
Minuteman
just wondering if anyone had run one hard for a class or something. Run 500 rounds or 1000 in a day or 2. How all those plastic parts really held up?? Are they being discontinued or is that just rumor?

Also.....How do you know when an FS2000 was produced? Serial number????

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:
I ran mine thru a 2 day class, approx 2k rounds. Never cleaned or oiled it. No issues, ran great. The balance on the FS is almost perfect. I did end up selling mine awhile back as they are not really ideal to suppress...lots of blow back.

I ran mine through many local 3 gun matches and fun shoots, lots of ammo in any day (500+) and helped break in a dealer sample with a couple thousand rounds in 4 hours, never had any issues

I've shot mine "lightly"[40-100 rnds], for a day at the range. Some PMC fodder ,got jammed. What a trial, to clear it. Took me 5 minutes, to clear. The only downside. It's a nice gun, otherwise.

just wondering if anyone had run one hard for a class or something. Run 500 rounds or 1000 in a day or 2. How all those plastic parts really held up??

I don't have any first-hand experience, but I seriously considered buying one for quite some and researched the crap out of them (and handled more of them than I can count). The basic consensus is they're more than battle-worthy and durable. Their issues are:

1. They have very little rail real-estate, if you're into optics, lights, etc
2. They can be very hard to clear when they malfunction
3. They suppress poorly
4. They aren't consistently accurate, at least compared to an average AR.

Other than that, they're a typical mil-spec battle rifle capable of center-of-mass hits out to 300m. They run/ran carbine courses very well by most accounts (most of the reviews I read were on M4C), they simply were a pain to clear if they malfunctioned.

I can only offer 2 second hand observations. I know of an Army officer who had one as a personal weapon. He had a jam issue that shut him down for a while,

2. I believe Gabe Suarez is a big fan. Might find more info from his guys.

TTR

Look into Tavor suppression. You may not like what you read.

Most piston guns blow off gas similar to the AK (Sig 556, lwrc, xcr). This can make them a lot louder with a can than an AR. I hear the scar 16 is good but haven't heard it with can yet.

The AR may still be the best suppression host. I hate em, but have a suppressed noveske that just keeps running. 300BLK though.

On the other hand, the FS2k is my go-to car gun. so short, and almost 18" of barrel for extra beat down. And no worrying about NFA aspects.

Oh, and YES. I've run the thing to NUCLEAR levels. It was made a funny smell when I mag dumped 10 AR mags in a row as fast as I could. I wasn't able to find anything melted even with a full 100% detail strip. I'm pretty sure it was just some lube boiling off.

It doesn't like steel cased ammo on regular - gotta set it to high. Trigger sucks, but only the DTA has a good trigger in bullpup land. We shot 2000 no clean rounds during a class and it just said "gimme more son..."

Oh, and YES. I've run the thing to NUCLEAR levels. It was made a funny smell when I mag dumped 10 AR mags in a row as fast as I could. I wasn't able to find anything melted even with a full 100% detail strip. I'm pretty sure it was just some lube boiling off.

It doesn't like steel cased ammo on regular - gotta set it to high. Trigger sucks, but only the DTA has a good trigger in bullpup land. We shot 2000 no clean rounds during a class and it just said "gimme more son..."

Brave man. An M4 will only take about ~600 consecutive rounds before the barrel heats to over 1700* F and fails. While your FS2000 is no M4, I'd be worried to go even near half of that.

Its pretty much the gold standard in my land for any AR style rifle - if I cant throw down 10 mags and not have it melt it's over. And yeah - we were testing the rifle out primarily so killing it would have meant nothing.

Only issue that's big is the charging handle can break. I hear the newer ones like the one I have is much tougher. And I have a metal one waiting in the wings just in case.

good info. What do you think about future parts for the FS2K now that they are being discontinued?

Has that been legitimately confirmed? I've only seem rumors up till this point.

Yeah King.....I have heard about a few charging handle breaks. If I can find a newer one that has been improved I may pick one up. I don't know if parts for them will be an issue in the future since they have been discontinued. Any ideas???

How do you know if you are getting a newer one? Serial number?

thanks

I "hear ya", but they had 10 cases on the floor, and I grabbed 2, cause of the "impending doom", for $300/K. Figured it was only for targets, anyway. My AR shoots it, just fine. Now they say "discontinued"? Do I hear "collectors gun"? The Steyr AUG, is next, for me.

I think I've heard a "FS2000 being discontinued" joke every year since they came out. It could happen, especially with the Tavor on the ground now. Still, I'm not betting on it.

As for parts, I think you'll still be able to get them for a while. Glad I have a larue predatar backing this gun up though.

That's wild. 10 you dumped 10 mags?? 30 round mags???
I may just buy another FS2K to try that. Yep....I suspect it was lube you smelled also. Good test. :))

I think I've heard a "FS2000 being discontinued" joke every year since they came out. It could happen, especially with the Tavor on the ground now. Still, I'm not betting on it.

As for parts, I think you'll still be able to get them for a while. Glad I have a larue predatar backing this gun up though.

dunno King. That link I posted was supposedly info from FNH guys. I don't think the gun sold well overall. I had a difficult time selling the one I had.....now I want it back but it wasn't an easy gun to unload. I'll probably call FNH in the next few days and ask about the discontinuation rumor. I'll probably pick up another and a few parts regardless. I like the design. My opinion is if you are familiar with it you don't get a bad jamb.....or break the charging handle if you know what not to do.

I haven't pushed mine nearly as hard of some of you, but have had nothing but trouble free shooting from mine. A Neu Trigger is a cheap and easy way to improve the FS2k trigger - it really smooths it out. Also, I would suggest looking at Hi Desert Dog for their match barrel if you want to get a little more accuracy out of it.

Keep us appraised of what FN says. Also, an extremely common jam comes from running the FS2k charging handle with a loaded round in the chamber. I usually clear jams by doing the drop mag, run CH, see what happens....If that doesn't work pulling the front end is fast and easy.

I know that 300 rounds of mag dump action may not seem like a lot to some, but when working with a mostly plastic gun it gets hot enough to get scary.

dunno King. That link I posted was supposedly info from FNH guys. I don't think the gun sold well overall. I had a difficult time selling the one I had.....now I want it back but it wasn't an easy gun to unload. I'll probably call FNH in the next few days and ask about the discontinuation rumor. I'll probably pick up another and a few parts regardless. I like the design. My opinion is if you are familiar with it you don't get a bad jamb.....or break the charging handle if you know what not to do.

I can only offer 2 second hand observations. I know of an Army officer who had one as a personal weapon. He had a jam issue that shut him down for a while,

2. I believe Gabe Suarez is a big fan. Might find more info from his guys.

TTR

Thats because Gabe Suarez is a huge fan of anything he is selling...