• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Has anybody tried the Seals Scope?

TooTall

Private
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Thompson Falls Montana
Have any of you guys tried this scope? I know a guy that has 2 of them. Says they have 1/8" minute clicks. Said it passed the box test easy. Has shot it out to 1350 yards, in a 300 WM.

Re: Has anybody tried the Seals Scope?

How does a scope pass the box test easy? It's a pass or fail sort of thing isn't it.....I'm just sayin'

Yes you are right. I worded that wrong, I guess. He said the click value was real accurate. Of course his rifle was tuned up already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have tried an actual SEAL's scope. It was a Nightforce. </div></div>

lol, gotta love the wit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Too Tall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have any of you guys tried this scope? I know a guy that has 2 of them. Says they have 1/8" minute clicks. Said it passed the box test easy. Has shot it out to 1350 yards, in a 300 WM. </div></div>

If I were you, the only "SEALS scope" I'd buy is your friend's, every other one in the real world seems to suck ass.

Have you used them? I called him again yesterday, and he said he liked it better then his Elite 6500, he has on the 7 WSM.

What's with all of these new posts by new members inquiring about these cheap scopes lately? Is the economy really pushing people to considering these cheap optics, or is someone trying to keep these names on the forums?

Not accusing you OP.... just an observation....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with all of these new posts by new members inquiring about these cheap scopes lately? Is the economy really pushing people to considering these cheap optics, or is someone trying to keep these names on the forums?

Not accusing you OP.... just an observation.... </div></div>

+1...

if you search, i did a review on them and they were less than shit. Search it out and you will see

I wouldn't call these Seal Scopes junk...

because I don't want to insult junk.

Stay <span style="font-style: italic">far, far away</span>!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with all of these new posts by new members inquiring about these cheap scopes lately? Is the economy really pushing people to considering these cheap optics, or is someone trying to keep these names on the forums?

Not accusing you OP.... just an observation.... </div></div>

I think what you have to realize, and I often forget, is that the VAST majority of the shooting comunity thinks a $500 scope is really expencive. Most think we are complete morons for spending up to $3000 on one.

If someone has not hung out here for long, they may be in this catagory and just don't know yet. These "cheap" scopes are possibly very attractive to the un-initiated and are marketed to sound like they are the high speed, low drag, cats ass, be all, end all of high end optics.

A lot of people also think we are snobs for recomending against a $500 scope (after all, that is expencive, so it has to be good, right-and the name says it all "SEAL" those guys are bad asses, so it must be good). If we can save a few from buying into they BS hype, we have done a good thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's with all of these new posts by new members inquiring about these cheap scopes lately? Is the economy really pushing people to considering these cheap optics, or is someone trying to keep these names on the forums?</div></div>

I don't think it is the money or anyone trying to keep push the brand.

I don't think we understand how many new shooters try to break into this type of shooting discipline and test the waters each month. The numbers are huge. Most new enthusiasts are cruising the web and also the gun rags for tips and equipment ideas.

When company's like the SEAL scope dudes have 1 and 2 page full color adds filled with cool photos and outrageously stupid claims, the bait is just too convicing for the many of the less experienced new plebs.

I also don't think the $500.00 dollar bracket is even a player in most cases. A lot of first time buyers into this arena have good incomes and hefty hobby budgets. Even if they could and would buy a NF, USO, S&B or PH, the photos and claims in the SEAL ads are very effective marketing for a company that deceptively sells crap.

If they go ahead and gear up but keep their guns in the cabinet 99% of the time, they will never know the difference. However, if they try to learn and shoot any at all, it just adds a $500.00 learning curve toward picking a real scope and God only knows how much wasted ammo and mental fuckups that they didn't know was the scope.

Just my take from many that have asked me about such after seeing their ads.

TC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what was that famous quote from P.T.Barnum........? </div></div>

remind me. . . .

I agree with Terry, as usual.

There's a reason this site has more than 28,000 registered users.

To avoid having to retype the same things over and over again, I store the answers to such questions in a file. The next time someone pops up with that kind of question - and they inevitably will - it's just a quick cut-and-paste to answer it.

Otherwise, my 10,000+ posts would consist of having to type the same 1,000 posts 10 times each...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what was that famous quote from P.T.Barnum........? </div></div>

remind me. . . . </div></div>

....there is a sucker born every minute.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....there is a sucker born every minute.......</div></div>

Barnum lived long ago. The rate is <span style="font-weight: bold">much</span> faster now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....there is a sucker born every minute.......</div></div>

Barnum lived long ago. The rate is <span style="font-weight: bold">much</span> faster now.
</div></div>

....its so nice to have some institutional memory here.....

If you ain't Bertrilum-Zantitium and rare earth forged, you ain't sheeeit.

Sounds like the sumation is "they are crap". I do have a buddy that fell into the trap and tried one. It was crap, he got it exchanged for another and again it was crap. So again he exchanged it for another and then wanted to sell it. Couldn't even get back his 200 buck or whatever it was.

So if you don't want to listen to those above, then go get one and try it, but when you finally wake up an realize "Hey those guys might have been onto something there" then just get in your ride, drive down the highway with about twenty five dollar bills or if you prefer a smaller stack five twenty dollar bills, roll down the window and let them fly. Chaulk it up to the learning curve, most all of us have done it so it is time to listen from other or "pay the piper". There really doesn't seem to be any shortcuts!

IMHO,
Mark

I too shoot past 1350 yards all the time. My .22LR 10/22 is perfect for it (says so right on the box of ammo). I am also sure I never hit what is out there! lol

Hope this helps,
Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Too Tall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you used them? I called him again yesterday, and he said he liked it better then his Elite 6500, he has on the 7 WSM. </div></div>

I'd like to hear about WHAT he likes specifically that's better than the 6500,of course NOT including the price.