• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Has anyone compared the ShortDot Dual CC vs ATACR 1-8 or the new Vortex 1-10?

JGRJR

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2014
Pittsburgh
Has anyone compared the S&B ShortDot Dual CC vs ATACR 1-8 or the new Vortex 1-10? I was wondering if anyone has used the Short Dot CC and any of the other two?

Ok let me add to this. I have a chance to buy S&B short Dot CC or an ATACR 1-8 for about the same price.

Has anybody used both?

Is the reason why the S&B CC is not used much is it is so much more expensive then the the ATACR 1-8? Or is it not a good as scope as the the ATACR? Is the CC better?

Just looking for some feedback on the CC 1-8 vs the ATACR 1-8.

PS now we have the Vortex 1-10 for much less then either. Really interested in the comparison between the first two though.

I considered a short dot at one point, but to get the reticle you want, the price is nuts.

The one I am testing has the MDR-T6 which I like a lot.

ILya
That’s what I would want. I’ve found short dots with the other reticles at nf atacr prices. I’d pick up a shortdot mdr-t6 at that price in a millisecond

I’ve never shot them, but I’ve looked through both the SB and the Vortex. The vortex really is nice for the price point, reticle is pretty useful. The SB has superior glass I think, the dual plane is awesome, I like the turrets better, plus you have reticle options. If the SB is in your price range that’s sure what I would pick.

I have the Shortdot CC with MDRT6 and my vortex will be here early this week. Happy to do a down and dirty review.

Goes without saying what @koshkin mentions above is sage advice, If you can find them for a used price, go for it.

My S&B shortdot MDR-T6 mounted with GDI L-PROM on 11.3" Wilson Combat 6.8 SPCII. The reticle is really nice and illuminates well even in bright daylight.
Not shot thru the ATACR 1-8.
IMG_2325 copyCracker Swamp 06.02.19a copy.jpg
IMG_2155 copy.JPG
IMG_2154 copy.JPG
IMG_2165 copy.JPG

Any update with this one Chrome?

last few range sessions were w/bolt guns so sorry didn't bring the gas guns out. Scheduled to shoot this weekend w/both.

And by no means do I do this shit for a living or know 1/10th of what others know about scopes who chimed into this thread, but happy to look for anything specific in the comparison, lmk

Since more time for evaluation has passed... any real opinions on which is better... the ATACR or the short dot Dual CC?

Reactions: SepticDeath
Shooting my 11" WC 6.8 SPC II today....using the LabRadar for the first time getting DOPE (MS-VP3 napping).....getting ~2300 fps out of 11.3" barrel. Various ammo @ 200 M. Easy.
IMG_5748WILSON COMBAT AMMO FOR RANGE SESSION 01.22.23 copy.jpg

You may have to do without the Vortex, even though some guys recently broke the record for the longest shot by using a Razor Gen III 6-36X56. I have been instructed recently that Vortex are shit scopes, which means that mine are of no use for anything. So, now, I only mention the other scopes I have that are not Vortex. And I agree, Vortex has some limitations. Unbeatable warranty be damned.

But I hear good things always about S&B and would probably pick that one, at least for the cool factor. And they are good scopes.

You may have to do without the Vortex, even though some guys recently broke the record for the longest shot by using a Razor Gen III 6-36X56. I have been instructed recently that Vortex are shit scopes, which means that mine are of no use for anything. So, now, I only mention the other scopes I have that are not Vortex. And I agree, Vortex has some limitations. Unbeatable warranty be damned.

But I hear good things always about S&B and would probably pick that one, at least for the cool factor. And they are good scopes.
Great post dude

• Wow
Reactions: vikings1 and Ronws