• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone else had this happen

Shannon Kincaid

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2018
Fairfax Oklahoma
New guy here been reloading for about 25 years never had this happen....Got in a hurry sizing Dasher brass to shoot tomorrow and crushed/cut the hell out of the end of my finger....got it hung between the case mouth and bottom of the die even the primer pin got some haha......never realized quite the pressures involved when sizing brass, of course I pulled back so hard you'd thought I was trying to pull start a school bus....I like to share when I do something dumb shooting or reloading maybe it'll help someone else down the road....

Yes.........dammit..........but I'll never tell ANYONE!!!!.......

Same here about 6 months ago. I am a machine with a single stage press sizing and belling pistol brass. Sliced a layer of skin off my left, 2nd finger that took forever to heal. Just got a little overzealous with my ramming hand.

Didn't get the case mouth, but the pin on a lee de-capping die. AMAZING the mechanical advantage on a rockchucker. Seems like nothing until your finger is in it.

Only once, about ten years ago, never again! That shit hurts more than a 223 case cut should.

Yep. People don’t realize the amount of pressure you can apply.

This is why I make a point with people that it’s very hard to get a feel on seating pressure with a standard press.

If that little bit hurt you that easily, how much force do you think it’s applying when your size or seat something?

Mine was caught between the bottom of the jaws on my co-ax and the pointed bolt that parts the shell holder plates.

I was adjusting the height and instinctively lowered the press.