• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has Anyone Had Issues With A Anarchy CZ455 Bolt Handle?

Rate_of_Twist

Rate Of Twist
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
www.rateoftwist.com
I recently ordered a Anarchy Bolt handle for my CZ455 and a Area 419 bolt knob.

I went to install the Anarchy handle on the 455 and the bolt assembly will now no longer go into the rifle with it binding solid as soon as the sleeve portion of the knob hits the receiver.

Reassembly of the bolt with the factory handle shows no issues.

In am attempt to diagnose the issue I work the bolt assembly with in the rifle.

Slide Anarchy handle into receiver and lock - no problem
Slide bolt body through handle - no problem
Insert firing pin and spring - Binding against the bottom of the receiver starts.
Attempt to put safety lever in while depressing firing pin spring - Safety lever bonds and will not fully seat

Upon visual inspection it “looks” like the sleeve portion where the bolt body slides through is different between factory and Anarchy bolt handles. I do not at the moment have tools to measure.

Any ideas?

I should also state, I’m not trying to make my 454 a “project”I bought the Anarchy knob thinking it was drop in. I don’t want to mess with fitting / shaping / messing with as I’m really just waiting to see how all the latest rimfire awesomeness with Vudoo etc shapes up before placing an order.

Last edited:
I recently ordered a Anarchy Bolt handle for my CZ455 and a Area 419 bolt knob.

I went to install the Anarchy handle on the 455 and the bolt assembly will now no longer go into the rifle with it binding solid as soon as the sleeve portion of the knob hits the receiver.

Reassembly of the bolt with the factory handle shows no issues.

In am attempt to diagnose the issue I work the bolt assembly with in the rifle.

Slide Anarchy handle into receiver and lock - no problem
Slide bolt body through handle - no problem
Insert firing pin and spring - Binding against the bottom of the receiver starts.
Attempt to put safety lever in while depressing firing pin spring - Safety lever bonds and will not fully seat

Upon visual inspection it “looks” like the sleeve portion where the bolt body slides through is different between factory and Anarchy bolt handles. I do not at the moment have tools to measure.

Any ideas?

I should also state, I’m not trying to make my 454 a “project”I bought the Anarchy knob thinking it was drop in. I don’t want to mess with fitting / shaping / messing with as I’m really just waiting to see how all the latest rimfire awesomeness with Vudoo etc shapes up before placing an order.

It is drop in. Get in touch with them. I have not heard of anyone having issues with them.

It is drop in. Get in touch with them. I have not heard of anyone having issues with them.
My Gladys one was not good, I switch to Anarchy and it was flawless. Maybe an issue when it got reassembled, I use good oil when I cleaned it and put it back together. Works excellent!!!

I just changed my rail to mdt, here pics of my current setup.

0476A5F5-EA4B-4BF9-B621-E3D459BD58EE.jpeg
50999A33-677E-440B-819F-64E0BF8D017D.jpeg
D5BF491A-1F3A-4F2F-AEA3-05962BE7EA28.jpeg

After taking a closer look it appears this has to do with the fitting of the safety on the factory bolt having so variance in tolerance and requiring some fitting.

The guys at Anarchy have been good, offering to have me send my bolt to them so they can have the fitting done.

In the end I decided to decline and return the bolt handle. I’m making my 455 into to much of a “project” and I don’t want to head down that path. I’m just going to order a V-22 and call it done.

After taking a closer look it appears this has to do with the fitting of the safety on the factory bolt having so variance in tolerance and requiring some fitting.

The guys at Anarchy have been good, offering to have me send my bolt to them so they can have the fitting done.

In the end I decided to decline and return the bolt handle. I’m making my 455 into to much of a “project” and I don’t want to head down that path. I’m just going to order a V-22 and call it done.

Good call on the V22. You could dump thousands into the CZ and never realize your money back if you decided to sell it. I lost alot on mine.....

Good call on the V22. You could dump thousands into the CZ and never realize your money back if you decided to sell it. I lost alot on mine.....
Yeah, I’m certainly not knocking on the 455 - I just know what I want so it’s time to “buy once, cry once”