• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone had to take a stand to help protect your local businesses ?

4X4Dad

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2018
Pennsylvania
If the question or story are inappropriate for any unforeseen reason , Moderators please delete . I figured this is one of the few places I could share my story .

A few weeks ago , we got a notification through social media that buses were coming from a larger local city to protest . I decided to call a friend that has a business very close to the protesters location in our small rural town . When I asked how everything was going , he asked where I was . I said at home , why do you need me ? He said yes and bring everything ! Things were farely calm until the first fight broke out among the protesters and a civilian . At that point you could see local Law Enforcement grouping up . At that point we relocated our equipment into my buddies business location and suited up . First , I've never openly carried in public . I prefer to be that unknown and Carry concealed . To say I was apprehensive walking out in the middle of my hometown armed to the teeth with Law Enforcement officers in every direction would be the understatement of my life . To my surprise , they actually welcomed all 25 of us with open arms . Very surreal experience .
Forward to a few hours later and the protesters decided to March down Main Street . At that point our local Sheriff asked us to surround and protect our square of War Memorials where the protesters had previously gathered .
To say the protesters were madder than hornets when they returned and saw us guarding the Memorials , would be another understatement ! They started to get in our faces , so the police officers slowly marched in between us and the protesters . Shortly after that a brawl started and rolled out into Main Street . The police had it under control immediately . BUT , at that point , it was no longer a peaceful protest . On que , SWAT marched out of the Court House across the street and proceeded to push the protesters away from the Memorial square and down the center of Main Street . At this point we were afraid SWAT may use teargas , so we gathered back at my buddies business location . I've never imagined in my 50+ years I'd ever experience anything like this . Standing shoulder to shoulder with Law Enforcement to protect my hometown . I hadn't realized at the time that my adrenaline must of been in full fight mode for 6 hours . The adrenaline CRASH felt like I'd been run over by a bus ! I'm getting to old for this shit !
I have to admit though , I was very proud of my hometown citizens taking the stand that they did . We were thanked numerous time by business owners and Law Enforcement alike . I just pray we never have to do it again . God bless America !

Last edited:
If the question or story are inappropriate for any unforeseen reason , Moderators please delete . I figured this is one of the few places I could share my story .

A few weeks ago , we got a notification through social media that buses were coming from a larger local city . I decided to call a friend that has a business very close to the protesters location in our small rural town . When I asked how everything was going , he asked where I was . I said at home , why do you need me ? He said yes and bring everything ! Things were farely calm until the first fight broke out among the protesters and a civilian . At that point you could see local Law Enforcement grouping up . At that point we relocated our equipment into my buddies business location and suited up . First , I've never openly carried in public . I prefer to be that unknown and Carry concealed . To say I was apprehensive walking out in the middle of my hometown armed to the teeth with Law Enforcement officers in every direction would be the understatement of my life . To my surprise , they actually welcomed all 25 of us with open arms . Very surreal experience .
Forward to a few hours later and the protesters decided to March down Main Street . At that point our local Sheriff asked us to surround and protect our square of War Memorials where the protesters had previously gathered .
To say the protesters were madder than hornets when they returned and saw us guarding the Memorials , would be another understatement ! They started to get in our faces , so the police officers slowly marched in between us and the protesters . Shortly after that a brawl started and rolled out into Main Street . The police had it under control immediately . BUT , at that point , it was no longer a peaceful protest . On que , SWAT marched out of the Court House across the street and proceeded to push the protesters away from the Memorial square and down the center of Main Street . At this point we were afraid SWAT may use teargas , so we gathered back at my buddies business location . I've never imagined in my 50+ years I'd ever experience anything like this . Standing shoulder to shoulder with Law Enforcement to protect my hometown . I hadn't realized at the time that my adrenaline must of been in full fight mode for 6 hours . The adrenaline CRASH felt like I'd been run over by a bus ! I'm getting to old for this shit !
I have to admit though , I was very proud of my hometown citizens taking the stand that they did . We were thanked numerous time by business owners and Law Enforcement alike . I just pray we never have to do it again . God bless America !

Well done good and faithful servant.

Like with Petrov, they know better than to come to our AO, the sheriff is a marine and the back hoes are ready.

I figured you guys might appreciate the story being there seem to be alot of veterans and active duty here . If there's any truth to the rumors , word on social media from the libs says my county is not to be taken lightly in the the future . I certainly hope that's true .

Glad to hear you and your crew got home safe. One thing that I’m not seeing amongst the good
guys prepared to assist Police, is a common identifying colour or identifying tag of some sort.
Don’t know what form would be appropriate, but when things get spicy it’s very helpful to have
some sort of identification to avoid confusion and potential ff.

Setting up direct comms via radio and making sure each group has each other’s cell number is
absolutely critical.

Reactions: 4X4Dad
I do wish that there was a national database for local police to be able to call up additional trained civilians for support. Unfortunately, I believe that database would be used against the good-natured countrymen, women, and others of consideration.

Glad to hear you and your crew got home safe. One thing that I’m not seeing amongst the good
guys prepared to assist Police, is a common identifying colour or identifying tag of some sort.
Don’t know what form would be appropriate, but when things get spicy it’s very helpful to have
some sort of identification to avoid confusion and potential ff.

Setting up direct comms via radio and making sure each group has each other’s cell number is
absolutely critical.

10 of us already have comms . A group of retired and currently active military joined up with us a couple hours into the protest . We did discuss some type of identity in the future . I'm still waiting for a meeting to discuss organisational issues ( cell numbers ) . Before anyone says it , NO this is NOT a militia . It's supposed to be more of a local neighborhood security group . Active military apparently CAN NOT be in a militia . So it's strictly forbidden .
I purposely did not mention our location because 2 of the local business owners already had death threats through their business numbers . I trust the ( like minded ) members here , but don't know who else may see this .

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearlight
Different reason protection is needed but this will be interesting....

Gym owner is right.

I completely agree with the gym owner , but in a liberal State , he'll have his hands full and the deck stacked against him . God bless him for standing his ground .

Reactions: pmclaine
I completely agree with the gym owner , but in a liberal State , he'll have his hands full and the deck stacked against him . God bless him for standing his ground .

Wish more businesses would join him.

They all seem to be determined to die singularly without a fight.

At least this man will have the satisfaction of knowing he tried.

Thing is in two weeks the gyms are "scheduled" to be allowed opening.

Shouldnt the state do what the two Atlanta cops are being excoriated for not doing........"just walk away"?

One of the business owners in our group had a friend start a Go Fund Me thing for him . It actually saved his business and then some . I hope other people help the locals like this guys friend did . In these unpresidented times we all need to stick together , protect and help one another whenever possible .

To protect my business? Yes, when the so called leaders said “close shop” because of COVID, I said “fuck off” and kept mine open. For the 6 weeks of shutdown nobody said a word and I was able to pay my employees AND feed my family with NO help from the Feds, SBA, PPP, or unemployment.

Meanwhile.jpg

I've seen a few protesters standing alongside one street in Pensacola, but they were just waving and holding the typical signs. Read that they did block the street once and someone drove through the crowd. One mental giant jumped on his hood and rode across three mile bridge till the cops stopped him on the other side.

Last edited:
Something very similar happened in the rural town where I work a few weeks ago. Same outcome but the protesters were all peaceful to begin with.

I'm part of a small motorcycle club, when our hometown found out there would be a protest uptown, the local PD asked us to help. We only went because its our hometown, and these business owners are our friends. We're not letting some foreign group come in and trash these guys who are trying to recover from corona.
We open carried and held our corner. The community showed the fuck up too, 30 more guys with ARs and AKs had our backs, and every local small business had their own security with shotguns out front. Luckily the protest was peaceful the whole time. I was and still am, proud as hell of my hometown.

A few weeks ago , we got a notification through social media that buses were coming from a larger local city to protest .

The day after we had our "riot" in a 100k+ town.... there were reports of the same here...as well as every other 30k+ town in downstate IL...on the same day with buses of people "going into {certain} neighborhoods" Fucking Karens...doing what they do.

A buddy of mine does what's now referred to as "mobile field" team (regional riot cop team). He just shook his head and said that in the nearly 10 years of riot/crowd control stuff and going all over the country..."There's always 'buses' that are supposed to show up, but I've yet to see it."

Appropriately enough, there was an innocent bus driver transfer that occurred in an empty store parking lot that same day. False alarm, but those bus drivers had a VERY interesting day. :ROFLMAO: