• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Has anyone heard of this? Delay in getting approved stamp.

BurnOut

DDOJSIOC
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2013
Dallas
I called BATFE/NFA on Friday 27JUN14 and learned that a stamp for one of my cans was approved on 01JUN14. I then contacted my Class III guy (small business/single proprietor; before I found Silencer Shop), who said that he hasn't received it yet.

I don't want to call the guy a liar, but it seems odd that BATFE would wait over three weeks to send out an approved stamp... or is there something else at play about which I am unaware?

Last edited:
Had the same experience. Was told that the ATF has 2 weeks after approval before they send stamps out or some shenanigans. Either way the stamp will arrive soon.

emsp- fair enough... I appreciate the feedback. I'm just kind of chomping at the bit, 'cause it's my .22 can and I want to go shooting in my (suburban) back yard!

Consider this wait over and start planning your next 6-9 month wait. I too live in the city, but shoot my suppressed G21.45acp in my garage when the trigger finger gets itchy.

Last edited:
Silent- oh, the next wait has already started. TB 338BA is in jail now... ;)

They held one of mine almost 3 weeks after approval (I was told they had 30 days). They held it until the next one I had was approved and mailed both forms together. I was not happy about it...but what do you do.

Your dealer has no reason to lie to you about this...so I would wait a few weeks and see if it arrives.

--Daniel

i had a form 4 go "missing" in april. it was 6 weeks from approval to can in hand. the shop i was dealing with was not very helpful at all. i made a few phone calls, messages with the dealer went unreturned. so i called the NFA too see what to do. i requestd a certified copy in writing. it took about 2 weeks to receive it in the mail. i made the 5 hour journey to the dealer, walked in with my kick ass certified copy of the form 4...and the fuckers had my original approved form 4. they didn't say how long, just that,"it's been here for awhile". i'm just happy to have my can and my stamp.

Just picked up my TTF group buy can today. Dealer said the stamp just came back this morning. Approved date on the form 6/11. This was with an eform processed Form 4.

The eforms I have received were emailed the same time they were approved. No delay at all. Form 1 was emailed to me and form 4 to the dealer...but both were emailed the same day as approved.

--Daniel

So my stamp finally showed up on Wednesday of this week, about 6 weeks after approval. Wheee!!!

At least I have my can now. :)

I had a stamp that took 1.5 years to clear. I've also had a stamp clear in 21 days mailbox to mailbox. There's no rhyme of reason when the gov is involved...

Don't remember the year - but it was when they first moved their offices to W.Va. I was shocked, thought they had finally figured out how to process things efficiently. NOT.

I had one go 22 days for 3 suppressors the same year as Fongman