• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone pulled barrel on their PWS?

teknikallysekure

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • I have an older PWS upper(MK116 Mod1) I'm interested in yanking the barrel off of and sending in to get chopped and welded.

Curious with the long stroke piston whether there's magic sauce to this barrel removal?

There's an arfcom post about it I dug up but it's not terribly detailed, and I don't see any instruction manuals online anywhere that detail the procedure.

Or should I just see if PWS will turn a decent price around for the chop and attach?

Last edited:
    I never pulled the barrel but I removed and modified the tube that the piston rides in on both my mk216 and mk116.

I used some heavy leather (an old welding glove) and a small pipe wrench to remove the nut that holds the gas block on. Kind of crude but it didn't mark anything up. The rest of it comes apart like any other ar.

I contacted pws about making my 116 a 114. They charge $500 to swap a barrel.

Reactions: wvfarrier
    I never pulled the barrel but I removed and modified the tube that the piston rides in on both my mk216 and mk116.

I used some heavy leather (an old welding glove) and a small pipe wrench to remove the nut that holds the gas block on. Kind of crude but it didn't mark anything up. The rest of it comes apart like any other ar.

yeaaah that's a little to rich for my blood :D thanks for the heads up sounds like it's possible.

Reactions: XP1K

Interesting. Do they use a regular profile for the gas block or a special design?

Interesting. Do they use a regular profile for the gas block or a special design?
    It's a one off setup specific to pws. It is adjustable from pws though. The older guns had a four position but the newer style is only a three position.

The block has roughly a .40cal hole that holds the tube that the piston rides in. It more or less sandwiches the tube between the block and the upper reciever.

Reactions: wvfarrier