• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

has anyone seen the documentay collapse? thoughts?

andersonman22

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
California
very eye opening.. but didnt give a whole lot of evidence to many of the bold statements throughout the film. so im halfway convinced and halfway not.

the one thing i would not find surprising is if we had to start living off the land in the next few years.

thoughts?

Re: has anyone seen the documentay collapse? thoughts?

I never saw the documentary, but I read the book a couple years ago.

To summarize, the author (Jared Diamond) developed a checklist of events leading to the collapse of civilizations in the past, then demonstrated that we're living as if we're hell-bent on making ours collapse.

Thanks for the heads up on the documentary, it took me forever to read the whole book! I'll be sure to check it out.....

Bob

PS: If you liked that, check out Guns, Germs, and Steel.

Can't wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">History has a funny way of repeating itself...</div></div> Amen to that!

This the 2009 one on netflix and not the national geographic one?