• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Has anyone stoned a remington 700 trigger?

-paradox-

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
I stone and polish all my other triggers but just got a 700 so have never done a trigger like this. Any good tutorials out there on it? I adjusted the weight but read that a new spring and stoning the sides etc will make the pull even better. And funds are tight so no I can't just go get a Jewell :)

The spring may be enough. At least it was for me in an x-mark pro. 2-3/4 lbs. Not a bench gun. If you want lower than that you may need to take further action or consider a new trigger.3

If I am not mistaken they use surface hardened parts so if you cut to much you have more or less ruined that trigger

I put Timney 510's in the two I have and what a improvement, if you mess it up, I will sell you mine cheap.