• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Has anyone tried the SWFA SS 10x42 "HD" version?

darth_ritis

money hater
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2013
    Frederick, CO
    I was just about to buy a 12x42 for my .204 but I noticed the 10x42 HD. If there are any reviews of the HD version or comparisons between the two 10x42 versions, please share.

Last edited:
    I currently have a 10x HD and I think its great out to about +-600, but you could use a little more after that. The clarity is decent for the price.

I think there's a brief review / comparison test of the HD model somewhere on this blog:

opticsthoughts.com

Other than that I've seen few if any reviews. I have one that I got off their Sample List. I am very pleased with the optical quality and pleased with the build quality and design (I already owned a 3-9x SS so I knew about what to expect). It is a good simple scope with nice glass and colossal elevation travel of around 130 MOA. I think there just aren't very many people looking for an $800 fixed 10-power scope, and some of the few who are will want a German brand name instead of SWFA. If it fits your purposes, go for it.

If you have the money for a 10x42 SSHD, consider looking at the 3-15x42 SS, or the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 EMDR. While the 10x SSHD is a nice scope, you're somewhat limiting yourself with 10x. I guess it all depends on what specifically you NEED from your scope.