• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Has Anyone used the Voodoo Barrels 16.5" ultralight 5.56 with RIFLE length gas ?

protoolsnerd

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2011
South Florida
Hi Everyone
In my quest to make a light soft shooting AR i came across these barrels . I've seen their work before and i really like their standard barrels but this one caught my eye. A 16.5" ultra light contour barrel 1 in 7 twist with a .750 diameter RIFLE length gas system. It goes against convention , yes, BUT in tuning it with a low mass operating system and an ultra light recoil system, i think as long as the lockup timing and blowback pressure are tunable , this may be one of the best options for 3 gun . I'm just not thrilled with the prospect of it being reliable or not .

If anyone has installed and shot one , i'd love to hear what you thought . Did you have to use heavier bullets to increase back pressure ? etc etc

thanks

Aaron

Hi BCP

I actually already have that setup, this is more of a test of what i can make and see how it runs . More of a project then anything else