• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Has anyone used these?

EricF517

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Howell, Michigan
And with what kind of results? I am looking at putting them into the 5r for deer season and wondering if anyone has had a good or bad experience with them. Yes I am looking at the 200's with my longest average shot being between 25-400yds.
s7_215164_imageset_01.jpg

Re: Has anyone used these?

They are absolutely awsome hunting bullets, weight retention is almost 100%, expansion is rapid and uniform every time, I've killed deer/antelope sized game with these out to 540ys and as close as 30, you won't be dissapointed

Steve

Thanks man. Thats what I was hoping for. My shots will range from 5-500yds.

Will a 1:11.25 twist stabilize a 200 grain bullet? Just sayin'
Rob

Not real sure. Not my area of expertise. I just really like heavy hunting round. I use the 1 1/4oz Lightfield for my H&R. I was looking at the 200's for the hard hitting. Some spots I hunt I do not have the luxury of being able to track too far if they get moving after being shot. The "Recreational Trespass" law here in MI will not let you cross property lines even after a wounded animal. So I look at it as the harder they are hit the less they run. The H&R does great out to 150 but I have had a couple horned venny steaks out past where the H&R will reach. I would get closer but that puts me too close to the freeways they have cut in the corners.

yeah x-bullet gtg for deer at least the 300 win mag i used once was. liquified the chest cavity at 150.

I have run the TSX and tipped TSX for a while and speed kills. They BC can suck with the lighter slugs but they really perform when pushed hard. I would not go heavier than a 150 in a .308 and run it at about 3000fps.

The only concerns expressed on the Barnes is lack of expansion, check with them to see if you will be getting enough speed to keep it within the necessary speed out to 500, they quote the 150s as needing 2000fps at impact. Also being solid copper they are very long, might be tough to get the 200 to stabilize at .308 speeds.