• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Has IOR Valdada Been forgiven on the Hide ?

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
Hearing some great reviews on the Valdada Recon Gen 2 4.8-30x56mm 40mm tube $2750 .00 Anyone know anything about these ?

They can send some scopes to Frank and Koskin and let them run them, and if they work they work.

From where? Paid reviews are a thing just saying…

Also there are many solid options in and around the price to even consider it in my opinion.

Im still running a 3-18 and love it, no issues to date but im sure im still in the minority.
Edit: 2008 production if my memory is correct.

Last edited:
The issue was never with IOR per se, issue was with Val and his early turret not being mechanically reliable. Not just Frank but many others have had bad experiences. Glass in IOR has always been impressive but Val can come off as somewhat arrogant in his claims that his scopes beat Tangent Theta, Schmidt, et al in optical/mechanical performance.

Regarding the 40mm G2, that freakishly large tube offers you nothing but greater travel and if ELR is your pursuit you’d be better off with a March Genesis or a Charlie Tarac. Unfortunately many Valdada fans will tout how the 40mm tube offers a brighter image which is not how light works in rifle scope design.

Its not a bad scope. I know a guy who has one one a 338 that tracks reliably. The glass is pretty nice.

But like Bill says, they had their issues. And the big thing for me is there are better options at their price point.

Reactions: Glassaholic
This guy likes his:
On the plus side, it's a spec-built LOW product so that obviates any IOR-related build issues. Would still be wary of Val's hype, though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
This guy likes his:
On the plus side, it's a spec-built LOW product so that obviates any IOR-related build issues. Would still be wary of Val's hype, though.
To be fair, I don’t think the issues were IOR, I think the issues were Vals turrets, maybe it does ultimately fall back on IOR but sometimes companies OEM the tube, glass and erector but put on their own turrets, not sure if that is the case with Valdada.

One other thing, as you mention, the G2 is a Japanese built product and is not an IOR product, for better or for worse.

Hearing some great reviews on the Valdada Recon Gen 2 4.8-30x56mm 40mm tube $2750 .00 Anyone know anything about these ?

Just wait a moment while we sound the signal for the townsfolk to pull out their pitchforks and torches...
Burning Val's shills at the stake in the town square is a ritualistic event many of us enjoy sharing with those who have never seen a shill roast...

Its not a bad scope. I know a guy who has one one a 338 that tracks reliably. The glass is pretty nice.
I asked Val a couple years ago if he’d be willing to send me a scope for an honest review, even though there is a lot of hate on the Hide I was curious to see how this scope compares to others. But once Val heard the review would be put on the Hide he essentially told me to pound sand. When Val was in Denver I would drive by his shop off Santa Fe going to visit clients and would stop in from time to time, always pleasant to talk with, but he always made grandiose claims about his scopes and how they were superior to everything else on the market.
But like Bill says, they had their issues. And the big thing for me is there are better options at their price point.
Would like to see a review of the G2 4.8-30x56 vs a Leica PRS 5-30x56 or even a Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56. Or maybe even the new Bushnell XRS3 that is coming soon.

I liked the ones I had they weren't the most reliable scopes ever & the design of newer ones is really odd. When you can buy Bushnell tacticals that function 100% and have decent glass quality for less money why take the risk?

Is this "Val" the CEO of IOR ?
No, Val is the owner of “Val”dada who imports IOR and other European gear into the states, he used to be in Colorado but wisely moved to Texas a few years back. IOR is its own separate company in Romania.

I asked Val a couple years ago if he’d be willing to send me a scope for an honest review, even though there is a lot of hate on the Hide I was curious to see how this scope compares to others. But once Val heard the review would be put on the Hide he essentially told me to pound sand. When Val was in Denver I would drive by his shop off Santa Fe going to visit clients and would stop in from time to time, always pleasant to talk with, but he always made grandiose claims about his scopes and how they were superior to everything else on the market.

Would like to see a review of the G2 4.8-30x56 vs a Leica PRS 5-30x56 or even a Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56. Or maybe even the new Bushnell XRS3 that is coming soon.

That would be a great comparison.

I would really like to see the Leica out in the wild, but haven't seen hide nor hair of one.

whether it has or has not I still love my ior crusader 4.8x40x56 and the everything about it when I get the chance to use it at the range , it's just that nice even over my other 34mm scopes the 40mm just shines .

whether it has or has not I still love my ior crusader 4.8x40x56 and the everything about it when I get the chance to use it at the range , it's just that nice even over my other 34mm scopes the 40mm just shines .
Hopefully they'll make a 50mm tube soon so it works even better. :p Seriously though, it's not the tube diameter that is making the image better.

But the marketing potential of "The world's first 50mm scope tube, providing revolutionary...."
Sneak peak at new 50mm IOR
C7B8B044-249E-4C31-B51C-307E8F3CC9F5.jpeg

Hi,

Your were active in this thread just moments before starting this one....., so after reading it does it sound/look like IOR/Valdada has been forgiven?????

Sincerely,
Theis

Val really needs to start including a line at the top of his shill instructions sheet.
"Don't bother trying to shill on SH"

Reactions: LeftyJason