• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes has the PH parallax knob changed?

Re: has the PH parallax knob changed?

I believe they are coming out with new parallax markings for the scopes. At least the ones I saw at SHOT show did.

This modification (below) was on the table last year, but I haven't heard any updates.

PSbegin.jpg

PSinstalled.jpg

there is a picture floating around on the forum. It's a new knob and it does not have any numbers, just a triangle shape that looks like a "sound volume" adjustment

Does anybody actually look at the knob when they adjust parallax? I always look through the scope at the target when adjusting. Scopes I have used in the past with yardage marks were usually wrong anyway. The lack of markings on my PH 5-25x doesn't bother me, but I can see where some people would want them as a reference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redeyefry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The lack of markings on my PH 5-25x doesn't bother me, </div></div>

ditto.

I'm with redeyefry, on this. I shoot lefty, and haven't looked at the parallax numbers in years. It's way over on the other side of the scope, from my shooting position. Are shooters using the dial as an optical rangefinder to determine their elevation drop? I think it's funny as well that my Mil/Mil Razor has parallax marked in yards, where meters would have been more along the design of the scope.

It bothered me when I owned them. In tactical comps you don't always get the luxury of laying there fiddling with the focus of your scope. If there's a stage that I know I'm going to have to shoot targets at 300 yards it's nice to dial the knob to 300 which is close enough for this use, then when the buzzer goes I'm moving and shooting, not trying to get the target in focus or realizing I'm at one end of the adjustment or the other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">found it:

here

206n9zm.jpg

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1561369&gonew=1#UNREAD </div></div>

I just talked with Chris and this will be the new style and you can send in your scope if you choose to and get one put on.Upgrade should be ready in a few months. Don't know if I'll even bother. I like to tune mine by eye, there is a lot of shooting errors caused by not setting your parallax correctly. I myself can find it faster looking through the scope Vs fiddeling with the knob first.

Hasn't bothered me. I actually prefer to sharpen the focus visually.

DogboneS, mils aren't metric, just expressed similarly in a decimal format. Whatever units, whether meters or yards, that are used to mark the parallax knob aren't related to the reticle/turret style.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tuna921</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I just talked with Chris and this will be the new style and you can send in your scope if you choose to and get one put on. </div></div>

How much?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It bothered me when I owned them. In tactical comps you don't always get the luxury of laying there fiddling with the focus of your scope. If there's a stage that I know I'm going to have to shoot targets at 300 yards it's nice to dial the knob to 300 which is close enough for this use, then when the buzzer goes I'm moving and shooting, not trying to get the target in focus or realizing I'm at one end of the adjustment or the other. </div></div>
I feel the same way when hunting. Only eliminating 90% of the parallax instead of 100% won't cause a miss until the ranges get very long. Even when not shooting, being able to look down and visually check that it's set to a reasonable distance so it won't be all blurry when you shoulder it gives me peace of mind. I ended up putting a couple dots of paint on mine for that purpose.

I have one of a few that exist that were built to Demo at SHOT. Also was told that they will be standard in future runs.

I really hope this comes out. I think there maybe something wrong with my knob though, I can only use about a quarter turn of the knob everything else is out of focus. At least if the knob comes out I can see what they think the focus range of the knob should be.... Anybody else with this problem?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really hope this comes out. I think there maybe something wrong with my knob though, I can only use about a quarter turn of the knob everything else is out of focus. At least if the knob comes out I can see what they think the focus range of the knob should be.... Anybody else with this problem? </div></div>

Sounds like the same problem some of the socal guys were having. Scope needs to go back for repair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tuna921</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I just talked with Chris and this will be the new style and you can send in your scope if you choose to and get one put on. </div></div>

How much? </div></div>

Paul told me at the Shot Show that they didn't like to break into a perfectly good scope to RR a knob, and the price hasn't been set yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redeyefry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The lack of markings on my PH 5-25x doesn't bother me, </div></div>

ditto. </div></div>

Yup, of all the things discussed with the PR, the markings (or lack of) on the parallax knob was <span style="text-decoration: line-through"><span style="color: #FF0000">ever</span></span>never an issue. With the PR, when you grab the knob with your left hand your thumb tells you distance-away for far away; back for targets back towards you.

If you are looking at numbers printed on a parallax dial when you are adjusting it, you are doing it wrong.