• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Hash marks not lining up. Would you get this

Gavin S.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2010
Kentucky
corrected or live with it?

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Re: Hash marks not lining up. Would you get this

cant you adjust by loosening the screws like you would do to zero it?

I'd live with it. I'd probably get a sharpie and black out the line and make a new dot or line using a silver sharpie, glow in the dark tape, etc... As long as the scope tracks correctly, having the indicator line a 1/2 click off isn't the end of the world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scope? </div></div>

Hensoldt 4-16

For the price of that scope and you can not adjust ... I would send it back and get it replaced ... It would bug me ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm gonna sneak out on a limb and say Zeiss/Hensoldt. </div></div>

Good eye.

I took the turret off to zero mine and for now it seems to be lined up perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apophas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the price of that scope and you can not adjust ... I would send it back and get it replaced ... It would bug me .... </div></div>

Same here. That's annoying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gavin S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">corrected or live with it?

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
</div></div>
It could be an optical illusion caused by the camera angle, but from the two photos you posted the turret appears to be canted to the right several degrees. If the turret is indeed canted it needs to be returned to who you bought it from if possible. If that isn't feasible, send it back to Hendsoldt for service, as that is unacceptable on any scope, let alone a scope costing upwards of $3K.

If the turret isn't canted (it sure looks canted in the photos), and you cannot center the "0" above the index mark, <span style="font-style: italic">but the index mark always remains in the same position relative to the setting,</span> you should be OK, because the alignment error is consistent and you can compensate for it. You just have to decide if you can live with it. I would probably send it back.

Keith

Several hensoldt scopes have had this problem. Hudisco can get it fixed for you.

For me personally... I'd have it fixed. It would bug the daylights out of me until it was right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gavin S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">corrected or live with it?

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
</div></div>
It could be an optical illusion caused by the camera angle, but from the two photos you posted the turret appears to be canted to the right several degrees. If the turret is indeed canted it needs to be returned to who you bought it from if possible. If that isn't feasible, send it back to Hendsoldt for service, as that is unacceptable on any scope, let alone a scope costing upwards of $3K.

If the turret isn't canted (it sure looks canted in the photos), and you cannot center the "0" above the index mark, <span style="font-style: italic">but the index mark always remains in the same position relative to the setting,</span> you should be OK, because the alignment error is consistent and you can compensate for it. You just have to decide if you can live with it. I would probably send it back.

Keith </div></div>

I can't tell by looking at in the poor lighting but I think it might be an illusion. I'll see in daylight tomorrow what's up with the canting issue.

FEDEX YESTERDAY AIR ! No illusion there, look straight up and down the hash marks, look at the bottom of the knob in relation to the scope. I think Aries64 deserves a "good eye" as well!

If the turret is indeed canted shoot me an email to [email protected], but either way that scope is gonna have to come back my way to get fixed.

Who did you get the scope from?

Thanks for posting Austin. I got the scope from Sport Optics (great outfit) a few months ago and just got around to sighting it in on my rifle and had not noticed the alignment issue til I went to zero the knobs.

In retrospect, I probably should have contacted you guys or Sport Optics first instead of posting, but I really didn't know if this was common and acceptable and was just looking for opinions.

The scope is the best glass I've ever looked through, in my limited experience, and I wouldn't want anyone to shy from buying a Hensoldt based on this post. It's great that the importer-distributor of a product has a presence here and addresses an issue so quickly. Thanks and I'll shoot you an email tomorrow.

It's pretty obvious looking at the pic that the are canted. If the knobs are removable (for reset to zero) maybe try taking it off and putting it back on?

Sounds good. Just let us know if issues like this come up.

I wanted to follow up on this issue to show what the problem was and give props to Hudisco for standing behind the Hensoldt and fixing it at no cost to me. What we found was that the piece that goes over the elevation erector that adjusts the height of the turret after you zero it had somehow become damaged.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I don't know how this happened, but I can't say it wasn't something I did. The point is that Hudisco fixed it, no questions asked. I really appreciate that kind of CS. I called them several times and Austin was very cool about answering my questions and keeping me posted on progress. Thanks to him and Nathan and have no fear of buying a Hensoldt because they will stand behind it if something does go wrong.