• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Hatfields and McCoys

Re: Hatfields and McCoys

Should be interesting. I live where the feud played out and have a McCoy relative.... these are my peeps..lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in but Costner might fuck it up.</div></div>

How dare you....Costner is a legend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gonna watch it. Dated one of the descendants of the Hatfields. </div></div>

You would redneck!

Pics or it didn't happen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gonna watch it. Dated one of the descendants of the Hatfields. </div></div>

You would redneck!

Pics or it didn't happen</div></div>
I'd rather stick my dick in a rusty meat grinder than dig up a pic of 'it.'

Women of Mingo County, WV ain't exactly the cream of the crop.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gonna watch it. Dated one of the descendants of the Hatfields.</div></div>

May wanna watch your wording around here. There's some who'll be asking you "what was his name."

Just giving you a fair-warning!

The girl unit and I are gonna watch. Hope it's good!

the DVR is set for the late rerun tonight, I'll watch them all in a row later in a commercial skipping frenzy.
by the way Costner does suck.

Well I spent the first 30 minutes trying to figure out who the fuck was who but as it progressed that sorted itself out. I'd say it was pretty damn good and Costner didn't fuck it up so that was cool too. I'm really glad the McCoy girl looks homely and they didn't Bruckheimer her (getting tired of that).

Good mix of kill'n and story.

Part two is on Tonight so set your DVRs and skip the shit out of those commercials.

It was good, looks like they've done a good job with it. Looking forward to part two. Kind of hard to figure how much time has passed in the first episode though, kind of wish they'd give the current year as they progress..... Only, way to tell is the kids are growing up and "Uncle Jim" is getting older and grayer.

It started a bit confusing but developed well, IMO.

Looking forward to the next one.

Kinda funny, the smartest McCoy (The attorney) wanted to marry his own kin. I was waiting for Ned Beatty to pop out of the woods running with his pants and underwear around his ankles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bornhunter04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was good, looks like they've done a good job with it. Looking forward to part two. Kind of hard to figure how much time has passed in the first episode though, kind of wish they'd give the current year as they progress..... Only, way to tell is the kids are growing up and "Uncle Jim" is getting older and grayer. </div></div>

They put up years and locations periodically throughout the episode.

I grew up right in the middle of the very area where the whole shooting match took place, and know tons of descendants on both sides. They seem to be on track with most of the story so far but filming in Romania sucks butt. The ruggedness of the country is lost with the film area resembling Colorado more than South West Virginia,s Mingo and Kentucky's Pike counties, Tug river is much more of a waterway than what is portrayed in this film, no foot bridge could span 1/4 of its width. The dialogue and hillbilly accent is fake as well but I guess you have to live that to spot it. All in all I like it so far and am waiting on the next 2 episodes.

Good show soo far.

Did ANYONE catch the PAWN STARS just before this on Monday Night??? There was a guy that brought in a rifle and documentation that belonged to one of the Hatfields.

Very interesting but the shop passed on purchasing it... It was a neat way to move into the episode though.

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

wow, lots of pride and hate going on there, that powder keg was bound to explode with all the overreaction and alcohol infused short fuses(small pun). Sad it is a true story but a good one nonetheless.

Watching it now and enjoying it!

I had a roommate in college that was a McCoy, from east KY.

Those of you from the area, is there still any feud???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bennyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watching it now and enjoying it!

I had a roommate in college that was a McCoy, from east KY.

Those of you from the area, is there still any feud??? </div></div>

No, its all over and has been for years

Watching it tonight... seems like a decent show. I'm a huge history buff so this is quite interesting to me!!

who else would knock the bottom out of the second mcoy skank that married whats his face, just me?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who else would knock the bottom out of the second mcoy skank that married whats his face, just me? </div></div>

I'd do her. But then I'm willing to hit most anything with a pulse that's under 200lbs.

BTW she didn't look like that in real life. You can find pics of those people on history websites and they were mean, butt ugly looking suckers.

really enjoyed the series as a whole. Everyone knows the names and general story but if the facts are fairly close to facts I learned alot of the story I never knew

VJJ,

I agree it was a very good show. I liked the ending very much as it was good at showing him turn from a forgiving man to someone FULL of hate.

I wish they would do MORE series like this.

I thought it was a good series and would recommend it. I do have to say that the series was very depressing and it amazed me at the devastating loses each family experienced. If I had to pick a winner, it looks like the Hatfields won hands down (IMHO).

I definitely agree with the last few sentiments. And yes, I too learned more than a few things about this infamous feud.

What's next around the corner?

I didn't really understand why their needed to be so much blasphemy. I guess it's because regular cuss words are considered more offensive in today's post Christian America, but it really wasn't necessary to make it an interesting show. Mr McCoy was a character that claimed to be Christian, but was more hateful than anyone. If that was how he really was then I'm not for changing history, but I doubt we know these intimate details about him. If we don't even know for sure how the feud started then how do we know that he was constantly praying for God to smite his enemies. I sincerely doubt that either of these men were Christians since in reality they were incapable of forgiveness and inspired their entire family to kill the others family for decades. Hatred so strong they were willing to sacrifice their own children to cling to it.
It's true that I could have changed the channel, but in other ways I really enjoyed the show. I was just disappointed that my favorite channel is starting to mimic Hollywood in this way.

I loved it.
I really didn't know too much of the story, other than two families who had a huge feud back in the day.

Can't comment on its accuracy, but I sure did like it.

I thought it was funny how one of those Hatfields ended up a politician.....thought that was fitting.

Honestly it was a good series. As for the language, it was really spot on for the time, and the location. The cussing that we know today was not thought of as offensive until the early 1900's. As far as the views of Mr. Rand'l McCoy....it was more stern dislike than pure hatred. Unfortunately, his sons were only doing what they perceived as right. As for Mr. Cline wanting to marry one of his McCoy cousins. That too was not very uncommon at the time. Mr. Rand'l McCoy was married to his first cousin. Would like to see more series come from the History Channel.

It's ironic that both Anse and Randall lived into their 80s while the majority of their kids didn't make it to 30

Not bad so far, but a little slow. I know nothing about the historical aspects of the feud but it's easy to see how things could go awry with that type of history. I should show these clips to the guys I work with in eastern A-stan; the issues aren't that dissimilar.

I wouldn't have done well back then, but they did ok. I liked the new scope that was purchased to kill the other family. That didn't go so good either. Really good show.

Damn good series I thought. I love history and that is one spot of American history that I have never dug into.It seemed like one smite after another come up between the two in short order which really fueled the longstanding hatred.
My family comes from the backwoods of 'bama and there were blood feuds there as well. Its funny that even to this day people don't really like talking about it much.

Not a bad story to re-do. Not the best film, but worth watching

much more complicated than casual legend made out (hillfolk taking pot shots at each other) - from the beginning it was about legal issues across state borders - appears that if both groups were in the same state the issues would have been settled in the legal system