• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Havak Element

Sundevilnick

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2019
Has anyone had time behind or has any information on Seekins new Havak Element. Looking into a light long range rifle that is accurate. I see they are 2795.00 and do not know if there is anything out there that can match the 5.5lb weight with accuracy and price. Thanks for any comments.

Reactions: YN*Dotte
Mine showed up today and holy hell it is crazy feeling! I have a NX8 2.5-20 to top it with and i believe i am really going to like it. Hope to get some time this week and see how she does!

Rifle shoots great! Factory 143 ELDX @100 yards, velocity is 2836 out of 21" barrel with no suppressor and my 24" is only 2877 FPS so i am happy to give up 14fps/inch to still have a compact gun with suppressor, that will probably add that right back. getting ready for whitetail opener this Thursday!!!!
element 1.jpg

I might be overthinking this but any thoughts on concerns around different heat expansion rates of the pressed in steel sleeve vs the aluminum action?

so far the rifle is still preforming on par and is a hammer on deer. Have not had a chance to get an elk with it yet. hopefully get some time to do a little load development with it and see what it can do. its hard to want to move away from factory ammo that shoots so good.

Reactions: reubenski
Just got mine. It is as advertised. Light weight rifle with excellent precision and the 6.5prc hits hard and accurate. Great option!!!

Reactions: reubenski
Very Nice !! Can’t wait to get mine,
Is that factory paint? Looks good.

Order mine, with my LGS, don't know when he will have it. Also what type of bipod, lightweight, its out there for the rifle?

Ordered mine just after Christmas and they said I should have it last week of February. 2 months isn’t bad if it really does show up then. All of my other interactions with them their timelines have been correct so I don’t have any reason to doubt them.

Not bad at all. I had one of the first PH1's they ever made in 300 Win Mag. I really liked the fit and feel of the rifle. However, It had terrible feeding issues, jamming and scarred up my brass very bad. I shipped it back to Seekins and within two weeks they shipped it back and said they fixed the issues. They included a list of what they worked on to fix it. I couldn't wait for it to be returned and when it did, it jammed on the first magazine a ran through it as well as scarring my brass. They wouldn't replace the rifle but they offered a refund which I accepted. A friend of mine in Austin had the same issue and he returned his for refund as well. Ironically I want another one now in this element. Lol. Has anyone else experienced this issue with their Havak?

I had the same exact issue with my PH1 in 28 Nosler. I shipped my gun back and they fixed the carbon fiber mag. My mag wasn’t fitting correctly so the rounds didn’t go up the feed ramp correctly. Since then I haven’t had any issues. Also, the bolt/feeding issue can be corrected by how you run the bolt. I think it’s due to the spring tension in the mag. Before I sent mine back I messed around with how slow or fast I ran the bolt. When running it slow I had way more jams. If I ran it fast it fed way better. Still needed a different mag that seated better in the rifle but there was a large difference when running the bolt hard and fast.

I wonder if anyone is having the same issues with the shorter carbon fiber magazine in the 6.5 PRC? That's what I am mainly interested in purchasing now is the 6.5 PRC in the new lightweight Element. Any word on those?

I’ll find out in 6 weeks. That’s what I ordered. I haven’t heard anything bad about it yet. They only offered in 6.5PRC when it first came out and all the reviews I saw were really positive. Guys were saying how well it shot factory ammo. I didn’t see anyone say anything about feeding issues.

I have a 6.5 PRC on order. Just ordered mine 2 weeks ago. I did a lot of research before I ordered and read every official review and owners feedback I could find (here, rokslide, 24hr campfire, fb, etc...) and I didn't see any mention of feed issues. I highly doubt that a company that's as good as Seekins would commit the same mistake twice.

I received mine just before Christmas. I’m very pleased with my purchase not only with a firearm but the excellent customer service as well. This thing eats the 143ELDX and 165 EOL like candy. I have zero issues with feeding even with the longer 156’s. Pull the trigger it’s definitely worth it!

I received mine just before Christmas. I’m very pleased with my purchase not only with a firearm but the excellent customer service as well. This thing eats the 143ELDX and 165 EOL like candy. I have zero issues with feeding even with the longer 156’s. Pull the trigger it’s definitely worth it!

Awesome, thanks for the review! Is your Element chambered in 6.5 PRC?

Just ordered a Element in 300PRC at the hunting expo. They told me I’d have it by June. Good discount at the booth.
As some have reminded me, 5.5 pound 300 PRC might be a mistake lol. Happy to find out

How are they keeping the Element weight with the 300 PRC long action?!? I love my Element. I hope you have patience June is a long time away.

Just ordered a Element in 300PRC at the hunting expo. They told me I’d have it by June. Good discount at the booth.
As some have reminded me, 5.5 pound 300 PRC might be a mistake lol. Happy to find out
Me too........ ?. Should be Big Fun !!
They estimate the weight to come in
About 6#. We’ll know more when they start production.

Last edited:
Just got my Element in 6.5 PRC.
Very Nice !!! Fit & Finish is Great.
Stock Camo looks good. Tungsten
Cerakote on the barrel too.
7.3# with NF NXS 2.5-10,
Seekins low rings,
ATC brake, Bipod rail. ?

HuntnPack, please let us know how she shoots and cycles ammo. Also please let us know if cycling live rounds scars up the brass. Thank you sir! Happy shootin

I’ve had mine since Christmas. I’m 400 rounds in. Shoots like a gem. Cycles live ammo great. No scarring. Slings these super long 156g pills out of my 6.5 PRC.

Attachments

• 40BC4172-B571-48D9-9BE4-3C273E65F2CA.jpeg
    40BC4172-B571-48D9-9BE4-3C273E65F2CA.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 97
That's great news. Thank you for sharing. Any idea on velocity with the 156 loads? Also are they handloads? Curious as the velocity and accuracy of the factory 143 ELDX as well

156s are going 2905. They are handloads. I haven’t shot many of the eldx. I went straight to the Berger’s and haven’t gone back.
Care to share your data on that load?
PM me if you’d rather.
I’m going to try the 156 as well as some 124 HH’s
Either of those could spell trouble for a spring bear.

Last edited: