• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Havak Hit 6.5 cm and Bushnell XRS3 6-36X56 - add inclination angle to the mount?

cwhess

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2023
Florida
I am new to PRS and have spent many hours on this forum recently trying to learn as much as I can (amazing resource). I have purchased and have on the way a Seekins Havak Hit in 6.5 Creedmoor and a Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS3 6-36x56 (EQL reticle).

The XRS3 has a 34 mm tube and 29 MRAD of elevation travel. The Havak Hit has an Integrated 20MOA Picatinny rail.

My question I was hoping to get help with - should I add 10 MOA to my scope mount or keep it at 0 since I already have the 20 MOA in the rail?

I was thinking about getting the ARC M-BRACE mount with 32 mm height (based on prior threads here).

The main range I will be shooting at will be 850 yards but I would like to be able to go to 1500 yards comfortably. Thanks for any comments.

So a 20moa mount gives you 5.6 mils up, your scope has 14.5 mils of up from mechanical center, for a total of 20+ mils of available up. That will get you to transonic velocity near 1500-1600y depending on bullet/velocity/da. Optical center of scope travel on your turrets(half way) will be at 800ish yards.

Kind of up to you. You could go with a 20 moa mount on that 20 moa base with a scope with 29 mils if you wanted but 10 moa mount won’t hurt anything. I have the same scope coming in soon and plan to just put it on a 0 moa mount as I don’t need more than the 20 moa in the base.

Thank you for the comments. Based on the replies so far I will probably just get the mount in 0 moa.

I’m in a similar boat. Planing to mounting a NF ATACR on SEEKINS HIT with the low 1.26” ARC M-BRACE. I’m pretty set on a 0 MOA but wondering if bolt will clear mount. I’d be interested to hear your experience with the set up.

I have the XRS3 mounted with the M-BRACE SCOPE MOUNT (34mm, 32mm-1.26in, 0 MOA - 0
MIL) as I originally described, no issues with the bolt clearing the mount or with the scope clearing the barrel with my ideal eye relief. So far all is going well but have only shot out to 200 yds. pic below in case it helps.

1678466898362.png

Reactions: Erigli