• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Havak Hit - feeding and extraction problems?

cwhess

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2023
Florida
I have had the Seekins Havak Hit in 6.5 cm for a little under a year now, and currently have the .223 barrel and bolt face installed. For both calibers, I have not been able to get it to feed reliably, despite adjusting the magazine catch extensively and trying Magpul polymer, MDT metal, MDT polymer, and accurate metal mags. Now the bolt with the 223 parts installed is not extracting at all.

I emailed Seekins and am waiting to hear back, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issues.

If you look for the larger HIT thread (7 or 8 pages) I think Glen made a comment about changing magazines. IIRC, the current rifles ship with polymer/steel lipped MDT mags. 10 round Poly/steel .308 mag here on 6mm Creed without issues.

Update-
with 6.5 cm barrel and parts previously installed, I had feeding issues but no extraction issues. I now think this was me poorly adjusting the mag catch.

Currently have 223 parts installed, and I had a licensed gunsmith with me on the firing line today making small adjustments to the mag catch, which resolved the feeding issue. It now feeds 100% with accurate metal mag.

Ejection however is only happening about 50% of the time. The other 50% the spent shell casing just falls down on top of the next round. He thinks this issue is going to be specific to the 223. Anyone else having extraction issues with 223 parts installed?

Update again- sent pics and videos to Seekins, they are sending me a new bolt face. Awesome customer service!

Reactions: TonyG
let me know how it goes, I have 223 bolt head on back order and will have a proof barrel spun up soon as I get the bolt head