• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

have a question about targets

Aliczander

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2012
Hay guys, Im new to the forum and this is my first post. I had a question and hoped someone on here could help me answer it. I found these printable targets on line and am trying to figure out the distance ratios. they are human head targets that range from 7" to 1" tall and i am trying to figure out the distances that they would represent at 25 yards.

I know that the average human head is about 12" tall and 7" wide and I know the formulas to figure everything out with a mil dot retical, but the problems come with the fact that I am just getting into this stuff on the civilian side so at this time I cant afford the nicer equipment, so currently I am running a savage arms mark II with a pintax game seaker scope on a 25 yard indoor range. I know, its nothing to brag about but its all i can afford right now, and it keeps my skills up. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Re: have a question about targets

hay thanks for all the help guys, I got my new mil dot scope in yesterday and went to the range, and if anyone was wondering it comes out 222.4 yards

thanks all

At 25 yards you will be making one ragged hole. Just shoot at small dots 1/8" or so, and work on fundamentals. The mark II will shoot.

Agreed, don't waste your time with grouping at 25yds...shoot one shot at one target..this will get you to know when a shot feels good and hits the mark.
I love savage rifles, out of the box the most accurate rifle in the $second range..imo