• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Have Luna ELIR-3 experience? Get in here.

upSLIDEdown

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 12, 2014
VA
I have two Luna ELIR-3s. Both of them cut out under recoil for a split second.

Does yours do this?

Have any of you tried the surefire cap adapter?

Ive tried stretching the string, to no avail. I also shimmed the battery, also failing to remedy the issue.

I love this little thing, but HATE that it cuts out under recoil. Curious if the cut out is happening on all units, or if mine just suck, and if the surefire cap fixes the issue.

Thanks in advance.

We have three on family rifles, shoot the hell out of them, they stay on the guns constantly, and I've never experienced this.

Your using the tap cap switch or the Luna pressure switch?

Reactions: WhereNow&How
I run the Luna/Surefire Adapter with Surefire Tail Caps on mine and also use rechargeable RCR 123 batteries which are a tad longer than primary CR123's and I have had zero issues.

We have three on family rifles, shoot the hell out of them, they stay on the guns constantly, and I've never experienced this.

Your using the tap cap switch or the Luna pressure switch?

I'm currently using them with the factory tailcap. Trying to figure out if other factory ones do this, and if a surefire cap will fix it.

Are yours factory tailcaps??

I never have been that crazy about the factory tailcaps. Not near enough positive/tactile feel on the rubber push button for me. YMMV

With the Luna/Surefire Adapter with a Surefire DS00 tailcap/switch you would have to fight me to take my Luna's. They are bad to the bone illuminators IMHO

I don't disagree that it leaves something to be desired. Lowdown, are you using longer rechargeable like WNH?

No, just regular Surefire.

Is your cap on really tight? We sometimes see wonky stuff happen with that on the FLIR Breach models- cap not on tight on turning off briefly while looking straight up or down.

Reactions: stefan73
Caps are tight. I sent you a vid via email of through the scope footage at 815yds. You'll see the cutout plain as day.

Roger that. Responded to email. If you didn't buy from us I can get you hooked up with a repair anyway. Also let me know if you want to try that pressure switch and I can get it in the mail to you if you let me know before 11am.

Roger that. Responded to email. If you didn't buy from us I can get you hooked up with a repair anyway. Also let me know if you want to try that pressure switch and I can get it in the mail to you if you let me know before 11am.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

Got the pressure switch in the mail to you yesterday. Post back after you get it and let me know if that helps.

Reactions: upSLIDEdown