• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Have money but no idea what to buy for NV

jdr09

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
CA
I currently run a Rem 700P .308 with a Leupold MK-4 LRT 8.5-25X50 as a member of a law enforcement agency. I was told by the higher ups to "buy night vision for your rifle", but the truth is, I have never used it, and really don't know what to look for. I have about a 10K budget per unit, preferably less. I have a T&E of an NSV-80 and it looks nice but is big. I also had a chance to check out an AN/PVS-22 that was smaller and also pretty nice. I am looking for any other recommendations. It must be 1X magnification, 10K or less, and hold a zero quick mounted to a rail in front of the scope. Thank you!

Re: Have money but no idea what to buy for NV

NSV80 seems to fit the bill, its extremely repeatable. I was making hits with it out to 800 in Kansas with it.

Can one get the NSV80 with a XR5 tube?
How do you rate it vs the PVS27?

Check out the PVS-24. Its a beefed up version of the 22. Fits all of your criteria.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cardinal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can one get the NSV80 with a XR5 tube?
How do you rate it vs the PVS27? </div></div>

Im not sure what tube that Nivisys puts in it, but it is a Gen 3 Pinnacle system