• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have respect on these threads and posts.

Anthonywv

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2018
Ok look, going into this I already know I'm going to get alot of hell from alot of people on here. I mean no disrespect. However the reason for this post is to introduce new members to the disrespect that awaits them in these threads. I read through many threads for some technical questions I need answered, but I never ask. From the things I have posted in the past, it generally turns into multiple people verbally bashing me. Yes, yes, I know, I must be some kind of pussy or something. Whatever, say what you want. The reason I'm writing this, is that their are people on here new to shooting and the sport trying to find a place to safely ask questions, and be a part of a shooting community. I became subject when I was just 18 years old, bought my first rifle, and decided to post a bit. I grew up in a liberal family, so i didn't grow up around firearms and did not have years of knowledge under my belt. Boy did I make the mistake of posting on here. Before some of you start posting about me being some snowflake, hear me out. People, open your eyes. We are a dying breed us gun people. Statistically more and more of the younger generations are not learning to shoot or hunt. It is quickly becoming a lost art. People want to ban certain weapons, and limit our second amendment rights, and quickly our hunting land is being taken away swiftly. We need to stick together in this and support our community. Sure, obviously their will be disagreeing between opinions. But offer insight as to why you disagree. If someone posts a question that most of us assume is common sense, help them out. Dont post something vulgar that will deter them from getting safe information. That could be a kid trying to disassemble an AR with a round in the chamber and accidentally killing themselves or someone. Dont make them feel stupid if they are posting information that may be false. We have all been there. This is not Paris Island guys, ease up. To all you new members, just be professional when posting. And all you old farts out there, help these guys out. Teach them the art, and fuel the passion. If all we do is tell each other to "fuck off," remember, they are on our side. And if you absolutely cant stop yourself from being simply respectful on a post. If you cant even respect someone on the other side of a screen, then you obviously cant respect a weapon, and you should get off this site. Anyone who owns a gun and supports the 2nd amendment. We are constantly under the microscope of others who disagree. So help educate others and build our community up to ultimately save our 2nd amendment. Everyone has the right and freedom to get involved in this community without any disrespect.

You don't hafta be a new member to catch grief, disrepsect and insults on this forum. THere's TONS of great helpful ppl here. And a few jerks that know everything, and presume themselves to be guardians of the forum... that feel better about themselves by attacking other ppl..

This place is what you make of it. Grab hold of the good. Ignore the rest.

Just my opinion but I think more often than not the reason people feel attacked is because the masses get tired of the same regurgitated questions.
By simply searching or researching 99.9% of the questions could be self answered with minimal effort.
There is a world of information at your fingertips if one just puts in a little effort.
Myself and many more on here I'm sure learned a great deal by actual research and hands on before there was internet and anything and everything was just a quick search away.

Hi,

So let me ask this....Did the Christensen Arms thread lead you to making this post?
I ask because from a very brief scan of that thread...YOU are YOUR own problem.
How many times in that thread did you tell someone to move on?
How many times in that thread did you tell someone what they should or should not be doing?

Sincerely,
Theis

There is no dumb question.
However some questions have been answered over an over to the point it really does get old. That said, people who come here are just a cross section of this country, an many of them believe if they ask a question a answer is required immediately. Even when we answer questions ask promptly, that does not mean it will be answered in a format/context the person that ask it will understand it.

A search will answer most all questions but, beings this country is a "I want it now" society ruffle some. The theme of this site requires one internal human trite the bulk of those here do not have(or don't understand), an that single word is "Patience". Even at that many times the question ask, is the wrong question for the issue at hand.
Not knowing the correct question eludes many that are very new to shooting in general, let along LR or ELR shooting. Hence the reason some reply's are short yet others are long. Then you have some people answering a question when they fully do not understand the question/or subject, yet they want to post something, in the thread. Again the prime word on this site is "Patience" Parts of this site are like a mine field, an making a enemy in mine field carry's over to others. Plus you have those that run like/in a pack, one dog has a issue an the dog pilling begins. Thick skin is required in many places here, as those with less Patience are the ones you'll mostly have issue with.

Remember the sites theme, it does not imply anything about being/playing nice but, also remember it's mostly made up on a cross section of this country, with both ends of that spectrum as well.

Just my opinion but I think more often than not the reason people feel attacked is because the masses get tired of the same regurgitated questions.
By simply searching or researching 99.9% of the questions could be self answered with minimal effort.
There is a world of information at your fingertips if one just puts in a little effort.
Myself and many more on here I'm sure learned a great deal by actual research and hands on before there was internet and anything and everything was just a quick search away.

When I see such posts, I either (1) respond on topic with respectful, helful info, or (2) ignore them.

Some time ago, I realized I'm not the gatekeeper of the internet, and I don't hafta reply to every single thing I dislike.

Making me wondered why I bothered to reply to this. :) Maybe cuz the OP is a newbie, and I'd rather see him helped than run off. with mean-spirited, arrogant insulting replies (said generically, NOT of you per se.)

So they were all fools? (No....I never bought any of their stuff)
Perhaps that would be too broad of a generalization. None-the-less friends of mine have felt foolish for spending that kind of money on a rifle that did not preform as promised, then being blown off by the company. The rifles in question have long ago been sold, the friends are wiser now.

Reactions: garandman
There is no dumb question.
However some questions have been answered over an over to the point it really does get old.

Those are the quesions you just ignore. It works great. :)

Or....hear the OP's point. Already enuf anti gunners hate us. We don't need to hate on each other. As as Ben Franklin wisely said..."We can either hang together, or surely we will be hung separately."

Last edited:
Perhaps that would be too broad of a generalization. None-the-less friends of mine have felt foolish for spending that kind of money on a rifle that did not preform as promised, then being blown off by the company. The rifles in question have long ago been sold, the friends are wiser now.

I hear ya. Sometimes we all make a foolish purchase. I know I have.

It'd be great to (1) go into a gun forum and NOT be mocked for it.... or BETTER... (2) go into a gun forum and ask BEFORE purchasing, and NOT be mocked for asking. Like some think its their God-given calling in life to do, here.

Reactions: robb_va
I'm done. I said my piece. That's summa y'alls cue to pile on and throw insults, which most assuredly tells me all I need to know - that responding further to you would be a huge waste of time.

Out. :)

I have discovered that the search feature here has some flaws for sure, so trying to research on SH can be difficult. Some searches turn up zero results.

I’ve learned that if nothing comes up under my SH search, go to Google, search Snipershide- and then what your searching for. Much better results.
Hope this helps

say it anyway , catching hell is part of life and could be looked at as a good thing . Never worry about how someone you do not know will react to your questions who cares . Besides if it's that bad , at least someone may be able to get a laugh out of it .

Reactions: garandman
Anyone that is complaining should have been a member here a few years ago....before Frank moved to Scout. If you think people are hard on you now...whooo weee.

Search exhaustively before you post. Odds are you will find what you are looking for. If that don't work, post it in the right sub-forum.

There will always be people that are helpful and people that will call you a window licking cunt. Just a fact of life.

Christensen Arms? I've not heard of any satisfied owners. The saying about a fool and his money come to mind.

I actually have.

One of the cheerful young missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of the Later Day Saints that was looking to convert me to paying them 10% of my income was very proud of his claim to own one, thought it was excellent and suggested I look into them.

(I didn't bother showing them my AIs or anything as I didn't want to hurt their feelings).

People answering the questions on here want more effort out of the poster. It’s always something like “best action for shooting to 800 yards?” We need more then that. The same things being asked over and over again gets old. People often make the hide do process of elimination before the poster checks everything themselves. A lot of camaraderie on here. People take it the wrong way.

Ok look, going into this I already know I'm going to get alot of hell from alot of people on here. ... Paris Island guys, ease up. ....

WHOA WHOA WHOA

As a Hollywood Marine...I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT BRAAHH. So unless you've got experience with the Corps don't be saying NADA!!!

Dude I'm just messing with you. So anyway I think you're taking all this stuff too seriously. Moving on from something someone says online should be the FIRST thing you do, not continue to give it attention by posting and stuff. I've been in the firearms game awhile and done some stuff with different organizations but I still ask a shit ton of questions. I like getting talked shit to. It's fun to see who throws away their credibility right off the bat.

After I saw the thread you posted about Christensen Arms, I couldn't help but wonder why you posted at all? The thread wasn't really "buyer beware" material IN MY OPINION. It was roasting. Which is fine if you gotta vent just be aware of the people who didn't have the same experience as you did with CA and also be prepared for the jokesters ON AN INTERNET FORUM. LOL.

Well I guess I am a culprit of posting stuff when it didn't need to be posted too. Kind of like this post I just made... oh well. At least I used paragraphs... :p

Last edited:
Hi,

Ok since I am still at office waiting on conference call with my Russian friends I will attempt to put together a brief post on how to get the most from Snipers Hide..Theis style :)

1. Take some time to read other post of the members that reply to your post or reply to a post you read. This forum is a very unique place on the www and you can find out a lot about particular member(s) by reading their post/replies.
We have guys here that were part of and/or currently part of some of the baddest .mil and .gov entities in the world here.
We have guys that own, run, and work at some of the largest firearms/defense industry companies in the world.
We have guys here that consult to ballistic R&D firms, PMC firms, foreign governments, etc etc.

2. If you post something that is your opinion you better state it as your opinion or be ready and able to back it up as fact.

3. Whatever it is you think you know, someone on here knows it better and/or in more detail than you.
Know what you do not know and you will get lots of assistance from this forum.

4. The guys that will tell you to F' off are "triggered" by someone posting information they read, watched or heard but attempt to post it as if they have direct knowledge of the information.
This forum runs on the premise of Better to be knowledgeable by application than knowledgeable by association so do not attempt to act like you know something just because you heard it on youtube....you will get eaten alive if you do.

5. Read and learn the mistakes of this thread...

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
I The reason I'm writing this, is that their are people on here new to shooting and the sport trying to find a place to safely ask questions, and be a part of a shooting community.
I’m still trying to wrap my head around this SJW speak.

So, this is not a “safe place”? Its a dangerous place full of dangerous men?

Just checking.

If something strikes someone as a dumb question they may tease the poster about it. Feelings may get hurt (I've seen it!). Ok, I'm sufficiently admonished.

You can knit a kitten mittens
And perhaps that cat would purr.
You could fit a fox with socks
That exactly matched his fur.
You could make a goat a coat with a collar trimmed in mink
Or give a pig a wig
In a dainty shade of pink.
But never tease a weasel;
This is very good advice.
A weasel will not like it
And teasing isn't nice!

The fact remains that some people who come in here are weasels. They ask a question, and when they don't get the answer they want, or it doesn't agree with their prior misunderstanding of how it works, they go full weasel and start with the false authority bullshit.

Some people make sport of that, but it's a little hard to resist when it looks like a suicide.

If something strikes someone as a dumb question they may tease the poster about it. Feelings may get hurt (I've seen it!). Ok, I'm sufficiently admonished.

You can knit a kitten mittens
And perhaps that cat would purr.
You could fit a fox with socks
That exactly matched his fur.
You could make a goat a coat with a collar trimmed in mink
Or give a pig a wig
In a dainty shade of pink.
But never tease a weasel;
This is very good advice.
A weasel will not like it
And teasing isn't nice!

The fact remains that some people who come in here are weasels. They ask a question, and when they don't get the answer they want, or it doesn't agree with their prior misunderstanding of how it works, they go full weasel and start with the false authority bullshit.

Some people make sport of that, but it's a little hard to resist when it looks like a suicide.

I'd very much enjoy hearing a bit more about this Pig with a Wig thingy. And Pics. Lots of Pics !!! :LOL: And maybe toss in a vid or two just for posterity. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know what the OP is referring to. If anything I give OCD people answering FNG questions a little bit of shit. They know who they are. They never really start any shit or shoot at distance much themselves until somebody calls out their witchcraft. They seek out FNGs like pedophiles and get them shooting their barrels out and spending money on high dollar shit they don't need. By that time the FNGs are snake bit and truly fucked. As for the OP, he has a hidden agenda, which has already been called out above. Enough to destroy his reputation.

Hell I don't see what the big deal is.....In the circles I run in giving someone shit just means you like them.
So true.
I don't know what the OP is referring to. If anything I give OCD people answering FNG questions a little bit of shit. They know who they are. They never really start any shit or shoot at distance much themselves until somebody calls out their witchcraft. They seek out FNGs like pedophiles and get them shooting their barrels out and spending money on high dollar shit they don't need. By that time the FNGs are snake bit and truly fucked. As for the OP, he has a hidden agenda, which has already been called out above. Enough to destroy his reputation.
"When you get to your first command be very wary and careful of the knuckleheads who are the first to approach you and want to make friends. These are usually shitbirds who nobody likes so they prey on FNGs who don't yet know what a waste of space they are. It's the guys who are mean to you, demean you, and tell you to fuck off that are probably worth knowing. They're just seeing what you're made of." - Fig

The first one to approach me was Sgt. Rhue. Fucking admin faggot telling me to be careful because my fellow ROMADs were mean. We let Rhue be along with his orangatan.

BTW, Fig, there is no reason to qoute yourself. I know it is you :)

• Haha
Reactions: Fig