• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have scope prices really ballooned as of late?

Mag44579

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2017
Macomb, MI
So I've been keeping an eye out on the interwebs for a used Bushnell LRTS in FDE for a while and came across a listing on ebay that's asking $1400 for one. Says it's new and all but that seems awfully high for a scope that's been discontinued for quite some time. Thoughts??

I think that’s kinda a list and hope somebody is desperate type of deal. I haven’t seen one sell even close to that high ever since the blowout deals on them.

They pop up fairly frequently for 700.00-850.00

Reactions: Mag44579
I think that’s kinda a list and hope somebody is desperate type of deal. I haven’t seen one sell even close to that high ever since the blowout deals on them.

They pop up fairly frequently for 700.00-850.00
That's start I've been seeing them for when they pop up every now and then.

So I've been keeping an eye out on the interwebs for a used Bushnell LRTS in FDE for a while and came across a listing on ebay that's asking $1400 for one. Says it's new and all but that seems awfully high for a scope that's been discontinued for quite some time. Thoughts??
The issue with eBay is the stores or people who list those are typically secondhand sellers who don't have a clue what they're reselling. They buy stuff from clearance racks, Google how much they were selling for, and throw that price on there. That scope has probably been in their inventory for a while. You might try reaching out to them, telling them it's been discontinued for a while, and offering them what you think it's worth

I have a 4.5-18 non-illuminated on one of my main hunting rifles. I like it a lot, and the reticle is great for a dedicated hunting rifle.
That being said, if you can find one for around $700 for the non-ill, I’d say that’s fair and worth it. I think I paid $650 for mine brand new on a close out sale.
I also have a DMR3 on a comp/hunting rifle, and if I was in need of a new scope for a hunting rifle, I’d probably just buy the DMR new for around $1100 and be done with it. The reticle is a little thin for a dedicated hunting rig, no illumination, and there is a weight penalty with the DMR at 35 oz, while the LRTS is 28 oz. But for a 7 oz penalty, I find the glass on the DMR3 to be much better than the LRTS.
The LRTS is a great hunting scope, but if you’re looking to get a scope sooner rather than wait to find a good used deal on a LRTS, I’d seriously consider just buying the DMR3. Other than a slightly higher cost and 7 oz weight penalty, the DMR3 is a better scope.

Reactions: Mag44579