• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have to bury my little buddy today

noahmercy

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2010
Sheridan, Wyoming
RIP Casca...my four pound friend died in my wife's arms on the way to the vet this morning. He was fifteen years old and spent every minute of downtime we had together either sitting on or next to my wife or me or snoozing with his "brother", Marcus Brutus. If you were under the weather, he was the best therapy you could get. He was the most fearless and bold critter I've known, and led me to the conclusion that it's a good thing chihuahuas don't get to be 150 pounds...they'd eat humans!

I'm gonna' miss my tiny guy...he was good people and made my world a better place.
frown.gif

Re: Have to bury my little buddy today

Myself and our 10 chihuahuas send our condolences.

Wish there was something to say, but all I got is been there, done that, and it sucks.

Get another dog. Best thing you can do. I have buried a few good friends, myself. I feel for you...

That sucks. Our pets are family too and it is always tough to lose one. Thougths and prayers to you and your wife as well as Marcus Brutus as he has lost his best friend.

Sorry to hear, its amazing how pets truly are family

Sorry to hear about your dog. Got my black lab pup the day before I took my yellow to put her down. Tough thing to do to put your dog down. But the little one took all my time.

Sorry for your loss. I had to put my 14 yr old Malamute down a few months ago, & it sucks. Hardest thing I've ever done.

I know what it's like. I had to put one of my two GSD's down a couple weeks ago, damn cancer. Only thing that has made it easier for me is the realization that I gave her a great life and got the best dog in the world in return, and that she didn't have to needlessly suffer any longer in the end. I'm still not over making the decision to end her suffering, and holding her as she died. But there are some things a man just has to do, to do any less would be unforgivable.

We brought home another 8 month old GSD rescue Saturday and she has all signs of being a great one too. Life goes on... and the cycle repeats itself.

Been there and my deepest condolences to you and 4 the pup

So sorry to hear that my friend, sounds like you had a little buddy with a big heart. These fuzzy family members just don't live long enough, I lost two of them in the last year. Gunner and Delta will be there to greet him.

Sorry to hear this. I am a dog lover. We have mainly just had mutts. Like the current one we rescued from the pound as a pup, who now has his own recliner in the house. They truely are great companions.

Sorry to hear this.

Two days before X-mas my wife had to put down her rescue Chihuahua. She works for a vet and they couldn't figure out what went wrong, she just became so sick there was no help for her.

Then X-mas eve my wifes tea cup Poddle was playing fetch with my son. his dog went after the toy and they found the poddle going into convulsions. Off to work my wife went to save the poddle. The only thing we can figure out is that there was a collision and the poddle got the worst of it.

And then last Sat my wife and I went to town and when we came back one of her Corgis met us outside the gate. We didn't see the other one. So my wife went looking for this one and found him drowned in the Hores trough. We think he got out and was running and got hot and decided to get cool so he jumped in but couldn't figure how to get out and just kept swimming in circles until exhaustion set in and drowned, all he had to do was stop to rest and he would have been able to touch the bottom if he could have reasoned.

Thank you for all the kind words, folks! Some people can't understand how close an animal can get to our hearts, but it's obvious a bunch of you do.

I laid Casca to rest at the foot of a nice shade tree (well, it <span style="font-style: italic">will</span> be when the leaves grow back in a couple months) in the back yard of the house Angel and I just bought, but still haven't moved into. I'm gonna' put a deck back there in the spring, with a path made of pavers. I think I'll engrave one to lay over his spot.

Anyone who's enjoying a libation this evening, join me in a toast to Casca, four pounds of fury and a grand companion...missed but not forgotten!