• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have to Pay to Post Sell Items?

richidaho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2014
Blackfoot, ID
Was just thinking about selling a gun. Went and took a few photos and was looking to post them to the firearm section; no go? When did this change; mind you don't sell a lot of guns but do like checking out what's around. No way around this for old members been around since 2014. So everyone pays $20 a month to sell things?

Rich L

I post and brose. Don't sell much. So, can you buy one month for $20 and sell just for that month? Or, is it like a monthly fee?

There's no such thing as perpetual automatic payments unless you allow it. Somewhere on the update/payment thread there's the ability is ability to cancel the rearcuring payment.

It's better to pay here then to go through the Gunbroker scam site.

Reactions: FALex
Was just thinking about selling a gun. Went and took a few photos and was looking to post them to the firearm section; no go? When did this change; mind you don't sell a lot of guns but do like checking out what's around. No way around this for old members been around since 2014. So everyone pays $20 a month to sell things?

Rich L

Enough with the complaining already.
If you want to post something for sale (or WTB) on the site here you have to be one of the paying supporters, monthly or yearly billing.

So pay up your $20 membership, list your item, then once it's sold, feel free to discontinue the monthly subscription.
Or you know, keep your subscription going and help support the site.

I'm betting $20 is a lot cheaper than listing it on GunBroker or listing an expensive item on eBay.

I've just quit selling other than local FTF at matches. Not worth the hassle of dealing with lowballers, high maintenance buyers and general all-around dicks. Seems every other buyer has a different payment system he insists on using.

There's the other option of creating your own .com site. I bet 20 bucks seems cheap when you start figuring in the Admin costs; hosting costs; PITA costs..

Gunbroker allows buyers to not pay and then when the sellers ask for a credit on the non paying buyer for the fees Gunbroker charges they they terminate the sellers account.
i don't know where u come up with that, i've belonged to GB for probably 15-20 years. Bought a ton of stuff off there, if u don't pay, your given 2 warnings, then banned. You don't want to pay what what buyers are willing to pay , stay away. Still can't believe folks that don't understand free enterprise. No one , absolutely no one is forcing a person to bid, kinda like going to an auction. If you don't want to buy it, keep your hand down. I made a shit ton of money this year selling ________ over there. I could give a flying fuck whether you like it or not. When the prices go back up, which they will, i'll sell a ton more. Like i say to folks coming into my store that complain about prices, you can bitch or shoot.

• Haha
Reactions: krw and candyx
i don't know where u come up with that, i've belonged to GB for probably 15-20 years. Bought a ton of stuff off there, if u don't pay, your given 2 warnings, then banned. You don't want to pay what what buyers are willing to pay , stay away. Still can't believe folks that don't understand free enterprise. No one , absolutely no one is forcing a person to bid, kinda like going to an auction. If you don't want to buy it, keep your hand down. I made a shit ton of money this year selling ________ over there. I could give a flying fuck whether you like it or not. When the prices go back up, which they will, i'll sell a ton more. Like i say to folks coming into my store that complain about prices, you can bitch or shoot.
My account was terminated because some douche couldn't afford to pay me after hitting buy now for $7500.00 rifle , thats how I know.

They allowed new guys to flood it with scams for an early entry fee and then got used to taking the fees, was my interpretation of what happened. If you PM @Dirty D , he will send you the pathway to the “old guys” PX. Tell him code word (FUPA).

Gunbroker allows buyers to not pay and then when the sellers ask for a credit on the non paying buyer for the fees Gunbroker charges they they terminate the sellers account.
I have sold hundreds of guns and scopes on GB. I have had my share of non-paying bidders. I have never had a problem asking for a final value fee refund. They do require you to repost the item to get the credit.

BTW, for those of you interested here is the link to the secret PX thread, www.lemonparty.org the password is your credit card number, exp date and cvc code.

It's better to pay here then to go through the Gunbroker scam site.
Amen to that...I hadn't sold anything on GB for a couple of years. Two months ago, I sold a rifle to a dude in TX. It was a KAC, so a good chunk of change. I paid the GB fee, then the following month, I get a bill for GB to remit sales tax on the sale...this was another 275.00!!!

We were both private parties, but nope. You gotta pay the fucking sales tax, regardless. I wonder how many times the government can collect taxes on one item? My guess is, "never enough."

The whole fucking transaction cost about 450.00. It's just stupid.

Amen to that...I hadn't sold anything on GB for a couple of years. Two months ago, I sold a rifle to a dude in TX. It was a KAC, so a good chunk of change. I paid the GB fee, then the following month, I get a bill for GB to remit sales tax on the sale...this was another 275.00!!!

We were both private parties, but nope. You gotta pay the fucking sales tax, regardless. I wonder how many times the government can collect taxes on one item? My guess is, "never enough."

The whole fucking transaction cost about 450.00. It's just stupid.
That's not a GB problem. If you have an issue with that you need to take it up with the Supreme Court.

They allowed new guys to flood it with scams for an early entry fee and then got used to taking the fees, was my interpretation of what happened. If you PM @Dirty D , he will send you the pathway to the “old guys” PX. Tell him code word (FUPA).
Don’t forget the secret handshake

1638328959990.jpeg

I've just quit selling other than local FTF at matches. Not worth the hassle of dealing with lowballers, high maintenance buyers and general all-around dicks. Seems every other buyer has a different payment system he insists on using.
I'm probably going this route from now on.

That’s highway robbery. I can get you logged in for 1k br4s and a blank vax card. No chinese vax cards though, those things leave you wanting another vax in six months.