• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have you ever tried and how hard was it???

nock

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas USA
How hard is it to purchase two of the same type of firearms from the same company at the same time with consecutive numbers? Have you ever tried!!!

Re: Have you ever tried and how hard was it???

It will depend on the type of firearm, the manufacturer and their individual business practices. I have done it with ARs and stripped lowers which isn't terribly difficult at all. It may also depend on whether this will be for an individual purchase just by you or a group/unit purchase.

As for walking into your local shop and finding consecutive serialized firearms in identical configurations, etc...start buying lotto tickets!
wink.gif

That will be my goal when I get a pair of Remington or SPringfield 45's. I would like to start with two consecutively serialized 'Governemtn Issue' styled pistols, and only modify them for reliability while maintaining the overall look of an issued piece. I am thinking this will make for a good present to myself when I graduate with my BS degree Spring of '14 and move into the real world of strictly civilian work...or at least doing that for the VA or Army Hospital here as a civilian.

If they are custom builds it should be fairly easy. If you want to walk into a dealer and do it I will be near impossible on production built pieces. Some companies will run consecutive number specials from time to time.

If it is a production gun you are wanting your best bet would be to find a high volume dealer that will work with his distibutor. They have the ability to check inventory and pull consecutive numbers from the shelf in the warehouse if they have them.

And then again I gave up my FFL back in the early 90's and I am running on old info.

+1, if you are talking about some esoteric custom build-like a double rifle it would be possible. But the way ALL the major manufacturer's are spitting out production today-without a specific request,its like picking the daily numbers.

What do you want to buy?

I ended up with consecutive numbered Glock 19's. I had one, and one and I found out that one of the other officers where I worked had a consecutive number. So I traded a new Glock to get the consecutive number. I just thought it would be neat to have, but it hasn't added anything their monetary value. I just thought it was kinda neat.