• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Have you used the Lil Gizzy 22LR Hollow Pointing Tool?

BiggBeans

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Kansas
0079FD24-E524-421B-8ED4-4F5EA8EE165F.jpeg
DA69C1C8-4AE7-426A-B8F5-C8DB678E65CC.jpeg

Have any of you guys used a tool to hollow point quality 22lr for hunting? Just ordered a kit. Was thinking about trying it on quality ammo like sk. Will the large hollow point make the ballistics suffer dramatically at 22lr longer ranges? I was just curius and wanted to expirement with good ammo. Maybe could make decent hunting ammo out of it?

I have the tool, but never used the ammunition for hunting. Rimfire Central had a few threads on this tool, which is why I purchased it.

I used it to size up CCI and Federal 40g LRN to enhance accuracy in firearms with oversize bores. I saw a slight increase in accuracy when shooting the ammunition through my Ruger Single Six. I saw no increase in accuracy in my bolt action rifles.

Cool tools.
I would say anything you do to a .22 RF round will negatively impact accuracy and that hollow point is going to change the BC immensely in a negative direction.
The question is what are your accuracy and trajectory expectations? If it hits your targets at your ranges it’s near certain to kill better.
There are other tools which only drill a small hole and might be of interest as well.