• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Having Problems with Auto Trickler-V3 and What's Your Acceptable +/- With your AT-V3?

jrhtx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Houston, TX
I have been fighting my ATV3 overthrowing all morning trying to get some hog ammo loaded. Checked and cleaned the interior(nothing there), cycled the power, recalibrated, reentered the charge, recalibrated, .... It will throw 1 maybe 2 charges +0.02 over (about 1 kernel of RL15) then the next several charges are 0.10+ over. There is no air flow on it, no AC or heat is on. Sitting on anti-static mat, scale level is perfect, has been on for several days. Just loaded some ammo a week or so ago and didn't have this many issues.

Start over, check for powder on tray, recalibrate, recalibrate, reenter the charge. Again will throw 1-2 and then crap.

Had the unit about a year and never seen this before. I have been accepting +0.02 as a single kernel, what do you accept?

What am I missing???
Thanks

I just clean the trickler tube and bronze bearings. fixed it. I take +0/-.02 GN

Reactions: rady
I have been fighting my ATV3 overthrowing all morning trying to get some hog ammo loaded. Checked and cleaned the interior(nothing there), cycled the power, recalibrated, reentered the charge, recalibrated, .... It will throw 1 maybe 2 charges +0.02 over (about 1 kernel of RL15) then the next several charges are 0.10+ over. There is no air flow on it, no AC or heat is on. Sitting on anti-static mat, scale level is perfect, has been on for several days. Just loaded some ammo a week or so ago and didn't have this many issues.

Start over, check for powder on tray, recalibrate, recalibrate, reenter the charge. Again will throw 1-2 and then crap.

Had the unit about a year and never seen this before. I have been accepting +0.02 as a single kernel, what do you accept?

What am I missing???
Thanks
I had a problem similar to that and it was one of the little rubber feet on the bottom of the trickler. It wasn't screwed in all the way. Once I did that, I could adjust it so the tube was almost level and it has worked perfectly since. +/- .02 gn

How much under your target weight is the Autothrow throwing? For me it seems to like it to be about .75 grains under.

Also mine usually trickles to .02 grains under - almost never goes over.

Post pics of your set up or even better video of it. I bet someone here will figure it out. Did you do the scale set up and all?

How much under your target weight is the Autothrow throwing? For me it seems to like it to be about .75 grains under.

Also mine usually trickles to .02 grains under - almost never goes over.
Same.

Only powder that regularly goes over is the giant N570 kernels and then it’s only .02.

Maybe try adjusting the angle of the trickler tube so the tip is a bit higher? That will slow the trickle speed some.

It's not throwing. under, but .10-.12 over.
I followed the set-up instructions but that was a year + ago. This is something new since the last time I loaded, 7-10 days ago.
It has always thrown 0.02+, almost never under. But .02 is about 1 kernel.

I did play with the angle and that helped some but not sure why it would change from the last time loading. I didn't change the angle.