• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

that_dude_ryanmichael

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2017
Members of The Hide,

I just recieved orders from Camp Pendleton CA to MCB Hawaii. Any precision shooting going on out that way inline with the NRL/PRS?

Any one looking to get something going in September when I'm on island?
Anyone feel free to chime in on this one, I dont want lapse in anytime on the gun. Thanks,

Ryan

I would say I am sorry you had to go to California , but getting to go to Hawaii as well f u I hope it rains when ever you go to any of the beaches , LOL I don't really hope that . Thank you for your service .

Members of The Hide,

I just recieved orders from Camp Pendleton CA to MCB Hawaii. Any precision shooting going on out that way inline with the NRL/PRS?

Any one looking to get something going in September when I'm on island?
Anyone feel free to chime in on this one, I dont want lapse in anytime on the gun. Thanks,

Ryan
Which island you going to be on

I would say I am sorry you had to go to California , but getting to go to Hawaii as well f u I hope it rains when ever you go to any of the beaches , LOL I don't really hope that . Thank you for your service .
LOL No worries man! I have had good luck with finding good places to shoot precision rifles here in SoCal. The area here makes for easy travel national matches particularly in AZ, NV, NM, CO ...... Not to mention we have a good thing going at Range Pala just north of San Diego with the San Diego Precision Rifle Club. I've been helping run the club along with NoLegs, Serge, Tim and Beau.

I got stationed out here (Oahu) in August. There isn't really any shooting on Oahu that compares to PRS/NRL. I shot a lot of PRS when I was in Georgia, before coming here. The Pu'uola Gun Club (www.puuloa.com) shoots at Ewa Beach, and they shoot on a 600yd KD flat range at Iroquois Point, but its on military land, so the only calibers you can shoot is .223, .308, and 30-06. And its only F class style bullseye shooting, and I think they only have open range days to shoot like two or four times a year, so good luck with that. the Koko Head shooting complex (khsc.info) has a 100 yd rifle range, pistol range, bow, black powder all paper only. there is a small USPSA/IDPA/Cowboy Action club that shoot steel, but its your traditional steel pistol comp style stuff. I pretty much just hung my hat up for the next few years, and am using this time to stockpile bullets, brass, barrels etc. so I'm set for the next few years when I get back lol.

If that’s all that is available shoot some F-class. Don’t tell us here, and you’ll be fine while at least getting some trigger time in. I’m pretty sure that if those were the only choices that I had, I would choose to shoot something over nothing.

Make sure that you take some time to explore the islands while you are there. For us mainlanders, there are a lot of great places to visit there.

What d_train said. There is not much shooting opportunity on the little island. Ive also heard that some of shorter ranges can be pretty lame. OGC Tactical is probably the best gun store there as well.

I spoke to a gun shop owner on Kauai. He said that shooting is almost nonexistent unless you know a private landowner. If you didn't know, look into the local gun laws. You'll have to register them with local PD.

I love to visit and the islands are unlike any place I've seen but gun laws are crazy.

Mahalo

Here on the Big Island there are no “real” shooting ranges, the Hilo side just got a designated spot a few months ago and on the Kona side most people drive an hour down south to shoot at a small spot that’s been carved out of a chunk of state hunting land. That being said if you can stand the heat the lava fields go for miles and miles, if you want anything over 400 yards that’s where you pretty much have to head out to, unless your lucky enough to have the hook up with a private land owner. I actually like it because I don’t have to deal with range idiots or range nazi’s. Check out some of the Oahu shooting groups on FB, garuns you’ll find someone to take you to a good spot.

I got stationed out here (Oahu) in August. There isn't really any shooting on Oahu that compares to PRS/NRL. I shot a lot of PRS when I was in Georgia, before coming here. The Pu'uola Gun Club (www.puuloa.com) shoots at Ewa Beach, and they shoot on a 600yd KD flat range at Iroquois Point, but its on military land, so the only calibers you can shoot is .223, .308, and 30-06. And its only F class style bullseye shooting, and I think they only have open range days to shoot like two or four times a year, so good luck with that. the Koko Head shooting complex (khsc.info) has a 100 yd rifle range, pistol range, bow, black powder all paper only. there is a small USPSA/IDPA/Cowboy Action club that shoot steel, but its your traditional steel pistol comp style stuff. I pretty much just hung my hat up for the next few years, and am using this time to stockpile bullets, brass, barrels etc. so I'm set for the next few years when I get back lol.
Yeah that's what I am afraid to do. The club I'm with now is awesome and competes in monthly, travels to NRL PRS and Rifleman's Team Challenge.