• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hawke Eclipse 30 Side Focus Series Scopes?

Pete E

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2004
North Wales, UK
I'm looking for a new scope for a .22LR....At present, its used mainly for bunny busting between 30m and 100m, due to accuracy limitations of the rifle (very old CZ)but I hope to get a new more accurate .22LR sometime in the future.

The Hawke scope mentioned sems to tick all the boxes I want and its available in a Mil/Mil configuration...

Any comments on the over all quality of these scopes, both optically and mechanically?

I appreciate this is not a $2000 top end scope, but I don't want to buy complete junk either...

Rifle currently has an older 7x50mm Meopta, and its not really a good choice for a .22LR

Re: Hawke Eclipse 30 Side Focus Series Scopes?

I haven't had any dealings with the Eclipse scope, but I have to give 2 big thumbs up for the new Tactical 30 line.

Be sure to check out the above listed review, as well as the review link from ILya.

DK

I looked at the Tactical 30 line, but the turrets are in MOA!
mad.gif

On the cheaper Eclipse 30 Tactical scope, you get a more conventional Mil dot reticule, Mil adjustments, but no turrets!
mad.gif

It really beggers belief that they can't quite get the right combination in either range of scopes.

This is to go on a .22LR trainer, so I'd risk the cheaper made in China Eclipse if it had turrets...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at the Tactical 30 line, but the turrets are in MOA!
mad.gif

</div></div>

There are many shooters that feel exactly the same way that you do. However, that is the system that I learned on, so I am comfortable with it. I am not shooting any "timed event" matches or anything, so I have any extra time it takes for the calculations.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at the Tactical 30 line, but the turrets are in MOA!
mad.gif

</div></div>

There are many shooters that feel exactly the same way that you do. However, that is the system that I learned on, so I am comfortable with it. I am not shooting any "timed event" matches or anything, so I have any extra time it takes for the calculations.DK </div></div>

Personally I don't care if Mils or MOA are used, but why companies ended up making scopes calibrated partly in one unit and partly in another is beyond me; they must be the only industry that does this?

As Hawke is a British company, I'm trying to get them on the phone to have a chat and see if they have anything in the pipeline which may address this..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to get them on the phone to have a chat and see if they have anything in the pipeline which may address this.. </div></div>

It will be interesting to see... if indeed they do anything. Hopefully something will happen.

DK

post the info they give you if you are successfully get to them on the phone. maybe if we bug them they might get another model out that has both just a thought
laugh.gif