• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hawke Frontier vs Hawke Sidewinder vs Zeiss Conquest V4

RWS

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2020
Slovenia
Hello!

I am deciding to buy a new scope that I would like to pair with my new bolt action Tikka T3X Super Varmint in .308 win.
The scope will be in combined use 50% for sport shooting on distances up to 500meters, 20% for shooting on distances up to 800 meters and 30% for hunting mostly from stand on distances up to 500m and for dusk hunting on pigs on distances up to 100m, but once again in dusk/darkness without snow etc...

I am deciding between three scopes:

- Hawke Frontier 30 5-25x56 SF FFP
- Hawke Sidewinder 30 6-24x56 SF FFP
- Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50

The most important factors are that a scope will return to zero exactly and that it will provide good picture at low light conditions.

What are your experiences with the scopes mentioned above?

Best regards,

R

3x12x44 v4 Zeiss here. I've dialed to 500 and 1000 and successfully returned to zero after. No info on lowlight performance.

Reactions: RWS
3x12x44 v4 Zeiss here. I've dialed to 500 and 1000 and successfully returned to zero after. No info on lowlight performance.

Is this the renewed version of it with both turrets exposed? Are the turrets plastic?
Does anyone has whatsoever experiences with Sidewinder and Frontier?

Capped turrets on mine. Turret caps are plastix and i believe the turret adjustment dials themselves are plastic as well.