• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hawkins m5 inlet question

Feniks Technologies

Premium Ammunition and Loading Supplies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2021
South Texas
I don’t have prints in front of me. Have emails in. Just curious on the Hawkins m5 inlet for a foundation.

Will it fit:

Spartan bottom dweller
Badger enhanced

The obvious answer is to run a Hawkins, but curious if the m5 inlet is semi universal?

I don’t have prints in front of me. Have emails in. Just curious on the Hawkins m5 inlet for a foundation.

Will it fit:

Spartan bottom dweller
Badger enhanced

The obvious answer is to run a Hawkins, but curious if the m5 inlet is semi universal?
If it was any other stock manufacturer inletting, you could likely run ANY of the M5 pattern DBMs.

However, John-Kyle runs his inlets so precisely that small manufacturing variances with different brands of M5 pattern bottoms are taken into account.

I know this for sure as he has a tweaked "M5" inlet program just for the KMW M5 DBM as well as specific tweaks for other makes.

Your best bet is to contact Foundation directly. John-Kyle will be the one to help your find what you seek.

./

@Terry Cross,

A few questions, if you don't mind clarifying:
1) Is the aforementioned KMW M5 inlet available on your website?

2) Does the gen2 KMW MK-1 have the exact same inlet as the gen1 KMW MK-1.
Reason for the question is regarding a Foundation stock I had that I believe was inletted for Surgeon DBM, which I placed the KMW MK-1 Gen 1 in and it had to be relieved, ever so slightly, at the back of the magwell.

-In this thread, post #2, you say the "original" surgeon inlet vs your gen 1 KMW-MK1 inlet are "super close"
(Perhaps Surgeon has revised their DBM inlet, which further compounds the compatibilities?)

In this source, Altus is saying the KMW-MK1 gen 2 is interchangeable with the surgeon inlet? Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance! I'm not nit-picking- I'm a big fan of your work.

@Terry Cross,

A few questions, if you don't mind clarifying:
1) Is the aforementioned KMW M5 inlet available on your website?

2) Does the gen2 KMW MK-1 have the exact same inlet as the gen1 KMW MK-1.
Reason for the question is regarding a Foundation stock I had that I believe was inletted for Surgeon DBM, which I placed the KMW MK-1 Gen 1 in and it had to be relieved, ever so slightly, at the back of the magwell.

-In this thread, post #2, you say the "original" surgeon inlet vs your gen 1 KMW-MK1 inlet are "super close"
(Perhaps Surgeon has revised their DBM inlet, which further compounds the compatibilities?)

In this source, Altus is saying the KMW-MK1 gen 2 is interchangeable with the surgeon inlet? Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance! I'm not nit-picking- I'm a big fan of your work.
I don't want to derail this guy's thread so I will try to keep it short.

1: Yes - https://www.kmwlrs.com/kmw-m5-short-action-dbm

2: Close. "Footprint" is same but the Mk1 Gen 2 has the new Captv-Mag feature that may or may not need clearing on some inlets where the
bottom inlet merges with the top inlet. Gen 1 Mk1s were pretty much interchangeable with the Surgeon because both originated from the
original SENTINEL inlet pattern.

"Super close" is a caveat that I threw in because the Surgeon bottoms have been run at different locations and outsourced on one or two
occasions. I have seen some slight dimensional differences between Surgeon DBMs from different time frames.

Hope this makes sense.
T.

./