• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hawkins M5 latch

AnimalMother224

maybe steel go ding
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2014
east side
Does anyone know if there is an adjustable version of the M5 lathe to be had or am I stuck with their standard and long latch? Also- can anyone measure the overall length of the standard or long latch so I compare it to my used one? AICS won't clicky and I dont own an AW to test, but the previous owner used AW. and Im not sure if I need the long one. I assume I have the long one installed and need the standard since the latch I have won't click into the AICS.

They have a short and long latch option, I don't think they have an adjustable one but you can swap them out. The long latch is for AW mags and the short latch is for AICS mags. You could buy the short latch or you could sand/file down your current one.

They have a short and long latch option, I don't think they have an adjustable one but you can swap them out. The long latch is for AW mags and the short latch is for AICS mags. You could buy the short latch or you could sand/file down your current one.

Roger. I will just have to assume the long latch is what's in stalled. thanks

Happy to help. I just swapped to the long one a few days ago. The newer design has an asymmetric bolt that can adjust for height, but it isn't without it's own personality.

Bobby. I have the old version with the roll pin. just wondering where your measuring from. mine measures 1.120 which doesnt line up. Assuming your measuring from the bottom most lower portion (where you finger to release the mag) and not the crotch (notch for the trigger housing).

I had an old style hanging around. Do these help?
20240120_085840.jpg
20240120_090009.jpg

Guys that’s the wrong bottom metal. We are talking about M5. The difference between AICS and AW mag matches is .030”, not nearly a half an inch.

Reactions: AnimalMother224