• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hawkins m5 magazine issue

BiggBeans

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Kansas
Just recieved my foundation stock with hawkins bottom metal and i am having a little issue when using ARC aics magazines. It feels like they fit really tight in the magwell, and i have to slam the magazine up hard so it will actually latch. When i try to use the mag release i can barely push it forward, feels like its binding up. However whenever i use my 10 round accurate mag everything functions flawlessly. Any ideas? I cant use the accurate mag as it is a .223 mag. And the rifle is chambered in 6.5 manbun.

You need to grind down the ARC mag catch.. Hawkins BM has a feature above the mag latch that doesn't allow mags to be over-inserted. The ARC latch protrudes much higher than say an AICS or Accurate.

Snapped a pic..

Attachments

• 20210828_091334.jpg
    20210828_091334.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210828_091251.jpg
    20210828_091251.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: BiggBeans
You need to grind down the ARC mag catch.. Hawkins BM has a feature above the mag latch that doesn't allow mags to be over-inserted. The ARC latch protrudes much higher than say an AICS or Accurate.

Snapped a pic..

thanks man, you came in clutch. i was dissapointed as hell. i love my arc mags.

Reactions: B-P-UU