• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hawkins Precision Hunter DBM/Hunter Mag

Camoman39

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2017
Anyone have an issue with their Hawkins Hunter magazine fit? I’m running a Bighorn TL3 in 6.5CM, AG Alpine stock inletted and pillared for TL3 and Hawkins DBM. I’m running a brand new Hawkins Hunter DBM and have been waiting for some time on my mags to come. Unfortunately, they arrived and will not fit. They will not latch unless given an extra “nudge” and once latched, they will not feed. Upon inspection (see small shiny spots in pic) the breech side of the magazine “lips” are contacting to bottom of my action. The 5-rd AI mag in the pic inserts and feeds flawlessly, but as can be seen in the pic, the lips are shorter and don’t touch the action. Hate to take a file to my new $115 mags, but.......

Attachments

• EF20503E-D577-44A4-9737-A94E02C2A7E5.jpeg
    EF20503E-D577-44A4-9737-A94E02C2A7E5.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 127
I am very interested in any answers you receive. One of the AG stocks has my attention and I planned on using the same bottom metal for the sake of cost. Now I might just buy once and be done with it.

My only experiance with bottom metal is ADL or BDL not DBM so if you are reading this be patient with me.

Are the Badger and Hawkins bottom metal interchangable yet far enough off too not work?
What I'm getting at is "Did they cut yours for Badger by mistake "

I don’t believe the inlet is the issue. The AG is very nice. The DBM is quality as all Hawkins products and fits very nice and flush against the pillars as it should. It just seems the magazine is not quite right to work with all custom actions.