• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hazmat Fees

oldgrayone

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2008
South East Georgia
Anyone ordered powder or primers latley and if so what was your hazmat fee. I had the wife call in some powder and primers at Midway and they got me for the $25 shipping fee and $50 Hazmat fee. I think last time I order from them the Hazmat fee was only $25 plus the $25 shipping fee.

Re: Hazmat Fees

This may be a UPS thing. Apparently they won't ship powder and primers in the same package... 2 packages = 2 hazmat fees

frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darrell Buell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This may be a UPS thing. Apparently they won't ship powder and primers in the same package... 2 packages = 2 hazmat fees

frown.gif

</div></div>

It's a Midway thing, they won't ship them together, but Powder Valley will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: POWDER VALLEY WEBSITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WE CAN COMBINE UP TO 48 LBS. OF POWDER AND PRIMERS UNDER ONE HAZMAT TO SAVE YOU MONEY. </div></div>

Not being able to ship powder and primers together never made any sense to me. If they can't do that how can they ship live ammo when the primer is actually touching the powder? No hazmat charge there. I think it's just another way to get more money out of people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not being able to ship powder and primers together never made any sense to me. If they can't do that how can they ship live ammo when the primer is actually touching the powder? No hazmat charge there. I think it's just another way to get more money out of people. </div></div>

Not combining primers and powder is an individual company policy. Most places will.

I have heard Midway ships powder and primers from different locations; they do not stock. IIRC powder is shipped from PV.

Shipping loaded ammo versus bulk powder/primers are different animals. A loaded round pops off and makes a mess. A primer goes and you have the possibility of mass detonation. Power ignites and...

Things like hazmat fee's accrue when a lobbyist slips money into a politicians pocket so a company can make extra bucks without having to do anything to earn it. Just another taxpayer rip off.

Start a company that ships HAZMAT. Send your employees to the required training, jump through all the .gov hoops and ensure every shipment meets the requirements of 49 CFR...and do it for free.

just got some cci br2 primers from midsouth shooters supply. it was 25 for the hazmat fee, I didnt buy powder but the sales lady said they would ship for the same price when I asked her

Many of these company's were shipping these products without hazmat fee's long before the gov came along, and they did it just as safely without that fee. Might be worth it if you buy big time powder and primers if you can get a decent price. Other than that I prefer to buy locally and skip that rip off fee.

The hazmat exists to "TRACK" the individual ordering ammo components. Its all about the tracking so they know who we are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">@problemchild

What happens to the records from shipping? </div></div>

They are beamed up to the black helicopter for processing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They are beamed up to the black helicopter for processing.</div></div>
Then to an alien database in dulce NM so that they know who to disarm when the reptilian overlords show themselves...on dec 21, 2012?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They are beamed up to the black helicopter for processing.</div></div>
Then to an alien database in dulce NM so that they know who to disarm when the reptilian overlords show themselves...on dec 21, 2012? </div></div>

So....you have discovered our plans puny human!Stay where you are and await pacification.Muhahhaaa,muhahhaaa,muhahhaahhaa!(creepy evil laugh)

Ahh, i was hoping for a good conspiracy theory, haven't heard a new one in a while.

making thread.

No conspiracy theory. Just another way for them to rip us off. And another way for them to try and limit what we buy. no other reasonable reason. Tom.