• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hBN for 7mm?

ohiogunnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Ohio, USA
I should be receiving my new 7mm Rem Mag back from GAP in the next couple of weeks and just finished case prep on 500 pieces of brass (getting excited). I have 1000 180gr Berger VLD's and a case of RL22 ready to go and wondered if I should go the hBN route or run them naked. I have read up on it and considered sending the rounds to Tubb's for coating, but wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience playing with the stuff and if it's worth it. Thank you!

http://www.davidtubb.com/tcom_images/dtac/dtac_bn_coating.html

Re: hBN for 7mm?

My 7mag is there now what twist & contour did you go with on the barrel? About how long did it take to come back? Sorry dont mean to hijack your thread Just curious about it now my self too.

I went with a 26" GAP contour, fluted. I told Kerry I wanted it chambered and set up for the 180 VLD's, so not sure on the twist rate yet (Moon built it). Todd's got it right now doing the paint, and should have it done in the next week or two. Rifle's been there a while (months), so it's been kind of like waiting for a new suppressor...

Sweet post some pictures when you get it back. Same contour I am going with. Hope it comes back soon and you get the info your looking for.

I would just buy a pound of HbN and coat them, 1lb will you last you the rest of your life, it's pretty easy to do, not messy at all, I use jiffy plastic peanut butter jars with BBs to impact coat them in my tumbler.

Wow 50 bucks per thou, plus shipping both ways, do it yourself or run em naked.

I shot 500 of the 6mm 117 DTAC BN coated and they were great, but then they stopped offering them and I went to the naked once and there was no difference of any kind. Same load, same powder, same velocity, same super accuracy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot 500 of the 6mm 117 DTAC BN coated and they were great, but then they stopped offering them and I went to the naked once and there was no difference of any kind. Same load, same powder, same velocity, same super accuracy! </div></div>

Thank you! Exactly the info I was hoping for.