• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HDMR Gen 2 Price?

remau308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
Carrollton, Georgia
There may already be a thread answering this question, but I was unable to find it. I am looking to sell my Premier for something I can afford more easily. I know they add the 10 mil revolutions and the zero stop. So, the question, does anyone know the price point on these, or if I can preorder or the expected delivery assuming they are announced at shot?

Re: HDMR Gen 2 Price?

I heard $1,800. I hope not
smirk.gif

Deals can be had, but FFP isn't really a deal breaker...I mean even Weaver offers FFP at a $700 price point. I would rather have a SFP Nightforce approaching 2k than a Bushnell in the same range. I have been behind the Gen 1 HDMR and I liked it except for the chromatic abberation I was seeing (but at its price range I wasn't too worried about it), and the small amount of mils per revolution with the lack of zero stop. I have owned or used almost all high end scopes, and I feel like I can't comfortably afford one anymore, so was looking to downgrade. The Gen 2 HDMR seems to fit the bill, but maybe not at the $1800 price range.

The zero stop isn 't really an issue for me. Neither is the 5 mils/rev. I'd like an illuminated reticle, but for the price point, I think the HDMR is the best value around. Naturally, YMMV and who really cares? Optics are like women and wine. - you like what you like. If it works for you, that's all that matters. Of course certain features cost what they cost. For a scope under $2k, the HDMRs are tough to beat IMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Deals can be had, but FFP isn't really a deal breaker...I mean even Weaver offers FFP at a $700 price point. I would rather have a SFP Nightforce approaching 2k than a Bushnell in the same range. I have been behind the Gen 1 HDMR and I liked it except for the chromatic abberation I was seeing (but at its price range I wasn't too worried about it), and the small amount of mils per revolution with the lack of zero stop. I have owned or used almost all high end scopes, and I feel like I can't comfortably afford one anymore, so was looking to downgrade. The Gen 2 HDMR seems to fit the bill, but maybe not at the $1800 price range. </div></div>

Mine has the Chromatic Aberration pretty bad. I like it other than that.

I have not noticed any abberation in my HDMR.. I wonder if its a hit or miss type of thing with these..

My old Falcon Menace on the other hand suffered horribly from chromatic abberation.. So bad I couldn't read mirage, hell it looked like I was looking through one big, dense mirage.

TAG.
I'm hanging out for the Gen2.

Interesting... I too am not sure if I could give $1800 for another HDMR.

I like my HDMR ok, for the money it may be the best thing going, but in comparison to my Premier, well there is no comparison.

I want to buy another Premier, but am hesitant with the troubles they are having as a company..

OP, which Premier are you selling?

Hahaha well, one thing's for sure, I always look forward to VJJ's comments.

I have a Premier 5-25 Gen 2XR and it's been one of my favorite scopes so far, I'm just not sure how much longer ill be able to comfortably afford it with the economy not doing too well. That's why I was looking at the HDMR. If they have a good bit of options under $2k then they are a good consideration.

I'm not sure what you mean by "comfortably affording" a scope that you already have; unless you're still paying the CC that you put it on..... Like I would do lol.

But I am excited to see the Gen 2 Bushnell. Probably will be just another scope I can't afford.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SVThuh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have not noticed any abberation in my HDMR.. I wonder if its a hit or miss type of thing with these..

My old Falcon Menace on the other hand suffered horribly from chromatic abberation.. So bad I couldn't read mirage, hell it looked like I was looking through one big, dense mirage.</div></div>

here it is on mine
Knh4Fh.png