• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HDMR Video Review

Cuban Croc

Petty Officer Third Class
Minuteman
May 11, 2005
Dallas, Texas
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zB53F4Uf_10"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zB53F4Uf_10" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: HDMR Video Review

Keith Taylor (SinglShot85) is the narrator.

I am the bald dude shooting every once in a while.

Keith likes to talk more than I do....
grin.gif
....that is why he is the narrator.

It was fairly windy.

The three shot group I shot was using one of the ranging dots instead of the crosshairs. I was trying to shoot a tight group...but really did not shoot any tighter than Keith.

Hope ya'll enjoy.

-Al

thanks.

The 10 up and 5 wind confirmed that it would return to zero. Question I would have is does 10 up and 5 wind give you 10 up and 5 wind?

The elevation was spot-on when I dialed at the known distances according to my dope card.

The little test Keith did was a return-to-zero test...that is it (box test was not done).

Note: On the video I would shoot using the H58 then dial the elevation. Both worked fine. I held for wind (sometimes I would have to make adjustments...
crazy.gif

Chiller,

We did not have a ruler or anything to that affect...so I can not confirm what you are asking.

-Al

The best we could do was to see if the turret adjustments matched the reticle marks. Which was what we were trying to confirm on the long range.

A box test and yrd stick would have been nice.

That was both our first attempts for a review so criticism is welcome and warranted.

I was getting a headache from all the zooming in and out. I thought you did well for your first video review.

Great review! accurate rifle too. I got mine on my POF and still have a little left to do as far as zeroing. But for the most part it's probably very close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cuban Croc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The elevation was spot-on when I dialed at the known distances according to my dope card.

The little test Keith did was a return-to-zero test...that is it (box test was not done).

Note: On the video I would shoot using the H58 then dial the elevation. Both worked fine. I held for wind (sometimes I would have to make adjustments...
crazy.gif

Chiller,

We did not have a ruler or anything to that affect...so I can not confirm what you are asking.

-Al

</div></div>

Fair enough. Thank you

Sir,

thanks so much for ya'll's work putting the video together, and some good shooting as well
smile.gif
Can you tell me how clearly defined is the H58 reticle? Not sure that's a very clear question. What I'm trying to get to is, the pictures of the reticle on Horus' site, especially at reduced magnification, makes it appear to be pretty cluttered. Did you find that to be the case?

thanks in advance,

tony

No, the reticle is clear and distint around the "main cross hair".

The rest of the reticle is as good as any other horus reticle. If it was low light on a black target you'd probably have some problems but other than that it's never been an issue for me.

Thank you for your feedback, sir. I look forward to its coming on the civilian market.

take care,

tony