• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

He’s Larry Potterfield...

91Eunozs

The Man (Retired)
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas
    ...and he continues to earn my business!

Ordered a new NV scope using a coupon, just a (relatively) cheap ATN 3-9 X-sight LTV, and as usual in my experience Midway got it shipped out the next business day. Kudos.

What impressed me this time is that for the very first time in literally decades, I had an issue with my order. The scope looked fine (packaging was perfect too), but there was a sharp ‘crease’ across the screen inside the scope, the picture seemed kind of fuzzy, and the focus ring in the front wouldn’t budge. Clearly something wrong...likely dropped at some point at the factory before assembly since everything looked perfect.

Midway has a 1-click button in your online orders to start the return process, including printing the return label. Easy-Peasy.

Got the replacement scope today...less than a week after ordering the first (defective) scope, and couldn’t be happier. Crystal clear image on the screen and everything moves/functions as designed.

i-QHbzk2P.jpg

Overcast tonight, will try the extra IR illuminator I picked up as well. Looking forward to seeing how this one performs against more expensive scopes.

Kudos again to Midway for such great customer service!

Last edited:
    I've ordered numerous times from Midway and they are great . A bonus is that Larry Potterfield sponsorsers Wednesday Night at the Range on Outdoors Channel . Shooting USA , Shooting Gallery and a few others .
    Not to mention the NRA . I know Wayne LaPierre is a solid douche but no one has done more for shooting sports .
    Larry Potterfield is Solid .

rumor has it, whenever Larry Potterfield says "and thats the way it is".....it carries the weight of the law.

and some say that his smile is so infectious, it was once investigated by the CDC...

I generally love Midway. Their shipping prices hurt sometimes but all in all a solid company.

Larry is a great guy. I sent an email to Midway one time and he answered it personally, and not with any generic reply either - so i was impressed

Midway has treated me, very well. I have five, or six sites I frequent, but his occasional free shipping and birthday specials can save a nice sum of money. Returns are easy, too. Kudos, Mr. Potterfield.

Love Midway. They’re about two hours down the highway from my house so shipping is lightning fast. They also offer pick up at the warehouse.

Larry runs a tight ship.

Ordered many things from Midway over the years, always been pleased and not had any issues.
    I just bought 3 boxes of full brass 12 gauge shells to reload.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
    I will second the fact that Midway is first rate. I'm spoiled in that I live about 6 minutes from the customer pick up door and believe me that's good and bad. I to have had to return things "very few" and it is easy even when using the customer pick up door. They always go the extra mile. I went to pick up an order the other day and normally it's ready 30 minutes after I hit the order button. This time it wasn't quite ready. The lady actually went back and put my order in a box that she put together quickly. She apollogized for the weird box and all I could say was "not a problem and thank you."

There was a time I thought their prices were high, and generally for ammo they still are (but not always). However, more and more I go to Midway because Larry seems to be a real person and I respect that. I probably should have sent a few things back that I didn't; but when I have, I have been immediately credited on the card. Truly outstanding service from what I can see. I still order from Brownells; but due to Larry sponsoring numerous shows and other gun-friendly stuff I find myself ordering more from Midway than in the past.