• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heading for the box

Re: Heading for the box

Stay safe and Gods speed. Check in if you get a chance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish me luck, flying out monday. Talk to you guys in a year! </div></div>
Why in one year ?
You will not have any web connection ?

Stay safe.

In Iraq the local net is a cable form of commo. If your in the Ghan things are a bit different depending on where your at.

I know one unit leaving but from your location I'm guessing your guard or reserve.

Anyhoot, good luck, keep your head on strait and keep up the motivation!

Steel on steel!

No matter where your at in Afg or Iraq net is avail. The bigger camps in both have internet companies there. If you end up somewhere like Kalsu or some of the similar smaller FOB's you can get a sat system for a fair price. There is a company called Bentley Walker that caters to troops somewhat and have an excellent setup. If you have 4-5 reliable buddies you can get a system for $250 a month and split the cost.

You can definitely get Net in Iraq. Depends on what Base you are on. If you come to Mosul, shoot me a PM and I will show you around.

I know here, we have 2 different companies. It depends on if you want to go with a LAN Line, or wireless. I prefer wireless as it is faster than the LAN. They Split the LAN connection soo many times that the strength sucks.

As a previous posted mentioned, you can do Bentley Walker with no problem. That's what my platoon did last tour with no issues.

You need anything, look me up. I'll pm you my NIPR Address

-Chris

Welcome aboqrd.

I am currently in the NE of the Stan, and the internet is readily available. in most places here it is. If you move into an occupied positrion you can count on it.

Take care

In the main cities, you can even run your internet through a GMRS connection by hooking up a smart phone to your computer. It isn't fast, but it works.

Thanks for the info and good wishes folks.
We're going to Iraq, but getting conflicting info from higher as to exactly where and what mission. I'll figure it out when I get there.
Hadn't really worried too much about the 'net, sure I'll work something out.
Thanks again folks.