• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Heading to New Orleans

splean

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2007
On the Western Front
Hello Gentlemen,

I will be heading to New Orleans to work for a few months. I was wondering if there were any good ranges in the area. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Splean

Hi splean, there is nothing long distance of note within an hours drive on NOLA. There are a few indoor pistol ranges the better being in Metairie. For outdoor ranges, there is a 100 yard outdoor range on a wildlife management area named Pearl River; that one is about an hour or so north of NOLA and it is $8 to shoot all day.

There is Palo Alto in Donaldsonville, LA but that is membership only; $250 for 1st year membership and application fee. That one goes out to $600; I have never gone there.

About 30 minutes past Pearl River there are a few rifle ranges that I have been interested in going to. They are in Mississippi and are pretty much along the coastline.

I am still learning and in the process of getting my gear setup but if you want to meet we can go check one of them out.

Thanks for the post Blackgoat but there has been a change in plans. I will be in New Orleans for a much shorter time than I was initially told and it doesn't look like I will get any range time. Thanks for the help.

Splean