• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Headphones .. the bluetooth type

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
It's been several years since my last rendezvous on the subject. I've gone through many'a headphone brands such as Bose, Westone, Skull Candy, Beats, Apple Airpods, etc. Westone's are by far the best, but expensive. These will be Gym headphones, though it would be nice to use them for concalls and airplanes.

Already have the Bose Quiet Comforts for airplanes. Looking for something that is "in ear" but still gets great sound.

What are you using? How do they sound?

I use AirPods and I absolutely love them.. I think the AirPods pro would be better but I don’t want to drop the 250$.. perfect happy with mine

Reactions: SkyScrapin
I use the Bose SoundSport Free. They are pretty good, no complaints.

I saw that you’re looking for ear bud style NCs, but I just bought a pair of SONY wireless headphones (over the ear) that has been the best NCs that I’ve had in a long time. I work in a very very noisy, open floor plan office and this pair has done the best job in cancelling out the voices from the cubicles that surround me. The model# is WH-1000X M3

With the Westones, they have a foamy kind of like ear pro that totally kills exterior noise. They are immensely expensive though. Hate how I like all the pricey shit

I recommend Aftershokz. They are Bluetooth headphones that do not go into your ears. They sit on the bone right in front of your ear and send the sound to your ear drums.

I run on and around areas with fast moving vehicles. After switching to these, I can now tell when vehicles are approaching. They do come with ear plugs if you’re looking for noise cancelling ability.

I use AirPods Pro. Hands down the best true wireless headphones I’ve ever used. They don’t cancel noise as well as say Bose or Sony over ear headphones, but they cancel out almost all ambient noise. When I go to the gym they usually have really annoying music playing and I can’t hear it at all as long as pass through mode is disabled which is as easy as touching your left earpiece. Now that the pros are out I see no reason anybody with an iPhone would buy anything else on the market. you also have to take in to consideration a lot of other headphones are not sweat resistant. That’s why I ditched the Sony wh-1000. The Sony’s sound way better, but aren’t as durable, and also way heavier obviously. You mention you didn’t want in ear and I used to be the same way before I switched. I also noticed when going from original AirPods to pros my ears stopped hurting all together. I can comfortably wear pros until the batteries are flat which is usually around 4 hours of continuous medium volume.

8C6B2E7D-6AB6-4710-930C-FB19CAA9FF75.png

The WH-1000 not being sweat resistant is a good point. I stop taking mine to the gym after the second trip. I’m not sure what it is about the shape of Apple’s earbud design, but they never stay in my ear for long. It’s weird because every of brand of ear bud stays put.

I use AirPods Pro. Hands down the best true wireless headphones I’ve ever used. They don’t cancel noise as well as say Bose or Sony over ear headphones, but they cancel out almost all ambient noise. When I go to the gym they usually have really annoying music playing and I can’t hear it at all as long as pass through mode is disabled which is as easy as touching your left earpiece. Now that the pros are out I see no reason anybody with an iPhone would buy anything else on the market. you also have to take in to consideration a lot of other headphones are not sweat resistant. That’s why I ditched the Sony wh-1000. The Sony’s sound way better, but aren’t as durable, and also way heavier obviously. You mention you didn’t want in ear and I used to be the same way before I switched. I also noticed when going from original AirPods to pros my ears stopped hurting all together. I can comfortably wear pros until the batteries are flat which is usually around 4 hours of continuous medium volume.

The WH-1000 not being sweat resistant is a good point. I stop taking mine to the gym after the second trip. I’m not sure what it is about the shape of Apple’s earbud design, but they never stay in my ear for long. It’s weird because every of brand of ear bud stays put.
if you are still on the market for headphones I would highly recommend checking out the pros if you haven’t. They have different sized earpieces for different ears which should solve the problem. If you can’t get them to work then I would say try out Powerbeats pro. They aren’t noise canceling but they have over ear hooks to keep them in place. If Sony ever comes out with sweat resistant wh-1000‘s it’s game over for all of the above though.

Reactions: jab00
I have a set of AirPods too. Not the Pros. They aren’t a good fit for my ear but it appears they fixed that with the Pro. Sound wise, I have never been impressed with the Apple stuff. Perhaps that’s just me.

B&W makes great speakers. I wonder how that translates to there over ear headphones? Suspect they fail for Gym headphones much like all the over ear sets do.

I’m pretty sure you sound guys would be blown away by the Westones. They aren’t noise canceling, but oddly they don’t need it. The design blocks out background noise. Sadly they aren’t sweat proof.. Westone will replace them free of charge for the duration of the warranty (replaces 3x for me).

Decisions decision.

I have a set of AirPods too. Not the Pros. They aren’t a good fit for my ear but it appears they fixed that with the Pro. Sound wise, I have never been impressed with the Apple stuff. Perhaps that’s just me.

B&W makes great speakers. I wonder how that translates to there over ear headphones? Suspect they fail for Gym headphones much like all the over ear sets do.

I’m pretty sure you sound guys would be blown away by the Westones. They aren’t noise canceling, but oddly they don’t need it. The design blocks out background noise. Sadly they aren’t sweat proof.. Westone will replace them free of charge for the duration of the warranty (replaces 3x for me).

Decisions decision.
If you have an apple store near you they will let you try them out. They brought a demo pair out, paired it to my phone, let me select my own music, etc. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I’ll have to check out the westones though.

I have AirPods for everyday use, work great, fit well.
I use Jaybird XT run for trail running. They fit a little tighter for jarring around running on uneven ground and rocks and stuff. They are real good at noise canceling. Can’t really hear cars or anything which can be bad. I only use them for off trail use.

I use Bose soundsport wireless in ear headphones for the gym, running (eww), and rucking. Love em.

I am using Aftershokz bone conduction... initially I was a little skeptical but they are AWESOME! Allows you to keep peripheral awareness and aids with any hearing loss issues (assuming bone conduction still works). They are very quiet to use and I wish I had known about these prior to investing in iPods... I will never go back... also they have many models even those for swimming. I have the Aeropex and cannot more highly recommend them... light weight, comfortable and great battery life and so far life cycle of charging. Also they are great for phone conversations and no pods to fall out of your ears. These stay put during rigorous activity.

Reactions: EN2722
Powebeats3 are pretty good. I've accidentally washed them like four times and they still work.

I replaced my Jlab jbuds with the Raycon E25s. Love em. The jbuds would not stay put in my ear since they only came with 2 different size ear molds. They would hurt too bad if I forced them to stay in. The raycons are very comfortable with 6 different ear molds to fit. They stay put and dont come out. I pour concrete for a living so I'm pretty active when wearing them, excellent sound and quality for $70 IMO.

My favorite pair is the jabra Elite 65t https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DHZMQZS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JhdvEb2K5GS17
I have the Bose wireless ones as well and gone through countless Chinese pairs. These Jabras are my favorite. The Bose wireless seem to flop around with the way they hang out of my ears. The Jabras have features such as auto pausing when removed from ear, like airpods. However they have the added feature of the ability to adjust volume unlike airpods. Let me know if you have any more questions.

have been looking into the walkie talkie type of head phones but rethought the idea how much do I really want to hear from others while i am trying to concentrate on my shot the electronically amplified sounds I get now are good enough while 15 people are shooting I can hear the person to my right or left cursing at there last shot and trying not to laugh is tuf .

Airpods are pretty tough to beat if you unfortunately have an iPhone. I use my jaybirds going on 3 years now without them slipping up.

I am using Aftershokz bone conduction... initially I was a little skeptical but they are AWESOME! Allows you to keep peripheral awareness and aids with any hearing loss issues (assuming bone conduction still works). They are very quiet to use and I wish I had known about these prior to investing in iPods... I will never go back... also they have many models even those for swimming. I have the Aeropex and cannot more highly recommend them... light weight, comfortable and great battery life and so far life cycle of charging. Also they are great for phone conversations and no pods to fall out of your ears. These stay put during rigorous activity.
Are you able to hear music if you have earplugs in? I’m trying to think of solutions to have Bluetooth while wearing some sort of earpro (without spending $400). Mainly for mowing the lawn and the range.
I clearly have no clue about bone conducting sound.

Another vote for Aftershokz bone conductor. A couple mechanics used them and convinced me they were the best for all around use. If you need to hear traffic or sound just use them without foamie. Or add one ear plug for the best of both worlds.

I use them almost every day while working outside and especially when welding or using power tools. Use them operating equipment with one ear plug. Phone calls are great, no one has ever complained about sound quality on their end either. Battery life is great. Can’t think of anything I’d change, perhaps an iPhone charger instead of usb lol