• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heads Up if You Ordered from Brownell's recently, Check Your CC Charges

jrhtx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Houston, TX
Just got hit for almost $5K from some tire place in FL after using the card for primers at Brownell's. They tried to run the charge multiple times and was declined the first time then I was contacted. This is the 2nd time this has happened after online purchases at Brownell's.

I never had a problem with Brownell's when I ordered from them. In fact, they were even very prompt with some refunds I was to receive.
I wonder if, perhaps, it may be some new employees or something trying to "game the system...."

I order form Brownell's all of the time. Three orders this month. No issues.

FYI... the number one way people are stealing CC info is at the Pay at the Pump. The add a scanner to the reader and pull tons of cards.

If you are really worried about it.... keep your CC maxed out all of the time. That way they can't steal form you and you get new gun stuff all of the time. :ROFLMAO:

FYI... the number one way people are stealing CC info is at the Pay at the Pump. The add a scanner to the reader and pull tons of cards.

If you are really worried about it.... keep your CC maxed out all of the time. That way they can't steal form you and you get new gun stuff all of the time. :ROFLMAO:

I've had three cards compromised in the past 10 years. Haven't lost a dime, yet. My CC company will freeze a charge in a heartbeat. A couple times I've had to resubmit payment for something I've ordered. Small price to pay.

It happens from time to time, just unlucky. Last time was a mile high purchase, and someone tried buying a 90k painting in France 😂

It happens from time to time, just unlucky. Last time was a mile high purchase, and someone tried buying a 90k painting in France 😂
Lots of money gets moved through art

The only problem with that being, you get stuck with the "over the limit" transaction fees when they try it, unles you can prove it wasn't you.

Do you have a rfid blocking wallet? If not someone just walks close to you with a scanner and your card is stolen. Scammers are getting tricky and a lot of CC are stolen through hacks of small businesses who never knew they were hacked. Pinning it on your last purchase most likely just ruins the name of a good business, as it was probably stolen from a place you used months ago.

Capital one has eno... You can create a temp CC# for each website with limited auth charge level.

When I do any online purchase, after the transaction clears, I go back into my/the account and delete my pay method/C.C. #.
So far, no issues. Mac

Maybe it was the primers I ordered from Brownells a couple of weeks ago, but my card company's fraud dept caught a $2200 order from thehomedepot.com last night that I did not place. My burner email account also blew up with spam yesterday...